Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 1000X: RT Pro 2" lift, Warranty Killer low ratio gearbox, fan override, clutch lock up mod
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put Rackzilla in my ‘13 today. Used the bolts that were supposed to be for 14 and up……whatever. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be something between the joint and the knuckle? I don’t know if it’s because of my lift (2” RT Pro) or what, but the factory set up seemed pretty far off. I used parts from other ball joints as a spacer. I feel like that isn’t a great idea……? RT Pro tie rod ends lasted about 300 miles. The rod seems stout, but all 4 ends are hammered dog poop. I mean annihilated. Anybody know what ends would work with the RT rods? Put new ball joints and front wheel bearings in, too. I like the quick ratio steering. After getting rid of 80% of my front end slop the machine is feeling pretty badass. I’ll do the Super Dave’s bushings next. Also, is Super Dave the one that was rebuilding racks? I’d like to get the old one fixed up for a spare.

·
Administrator
27,410 Posts
The inner ball socket will have to be same as RT. But you can use any brand for outer thet are measured by the thread and hole size in the spherical bearing. Super Dave does rebuild the racks. Geometry on the commander steering is bad nothing you can do to fix it . That's why the joints don't last .

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts