Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Also just noticed its says maintenance required

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
512 Posts
The ground is terminal #4, the black wire. But it is switched through the ecu. When I checked mine, I hooked my meter to terminals 3 and 4, then turned on the ignition switch. Read the meter as soon as you turn the ignition on.

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
Maintenance required is a set time in ecm to do your oil change . It’s in the owners manual on how to reset it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I read that. Thanks. I was trying to give you all info possible. I used the meter and nothing. The ground coming off the battery seemed good. I appreciate all the help guys.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well guys think i have it narrowed down to the positive wire from fuse box out. Its the only wire that failed test. Gues now i need to remove fusebox and start from there and replace wire. Thanks again for all the help and info! Ill keep you updated.

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
Before taking the fuse box out pull fuse and check for correct voltage going to fuse . If voltage is correct replace fuse then check voltage at pump plug again. Just cause a fuse checks good doesn’t mean it will carry the voltage needed. Been there before.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I thought you had already checked the fuse, but just noticed you haven't mentioned that. It's fuse F15, 5 amp. And I was curious as to how you are hooking your meter to the fuel pump plug.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The fuse is good i replaced that first. I put meter on ground wire @ pump connectorand then positive on battey, turned key and got 12v. Put meter on positive connector lead and then grounded it to engine, turned on key and nothing. Checked at fuse ground on battery to each side of fuse. Only showed power dont remember which side. My friend walked me through this cause im not good with a meter. So i might have leads switched on above mentioned. Thanks guys. Was goi g to just drill rivets on box to look @ conections on back. Its a limited so have to figure how to remove driver side speaker.

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
Put your meter on ohms and negative to fuse and positive on power to pump plug and see if you got any resistance. That will at least tell you for sure if power wire is actually bad or not.

·
Registered
512 Posts
To check the wire like Ace described, you'll want to check from the side of the fuse holder that showed no power to terminal 3 (blue wire) on the plug.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I head back over to my buddies garage later and try it. I cant thank you guys enough, giving me more confidence in solving this myself.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
This is messed up. Power both sides of the fuse. But no continuity. Broke wire? Im going to try and hook pump up direct to see if its working. Took the fuse box off and it doest look loke the blue wire is anywhere close to where the fuse is?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Relay r2 the rusty one is almost broke off. Tried other relay in it didnt work. When i. Pulled this the taillights did not go out either

21 - 40 of 89 Posts