Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Questions about ACS

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  eagleeye 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2013 Commander 1000 Limited. I'm very excited about it and am looking forward to some good times with this machine. I am trying to figure out the ACS on this machine and I think it may have some issues. the machine looks like the rear end is really low compared to the front and there is not much clearance in the rear. When I set the ACS to 6 the back will come up about 4 inches (but still seems low) and i have noticed no change in the front. Any Ideas?

Also there seems to be a lot of heat coming from the engine compartment. Ideas? I have read about the larger capacity coolant pump. do i need to get one?

I will be using this on mountain trails and also loaded with an ATV type sprayer. I'm guessing the ACS will be good for ride height when i have a 60 gallon sprayer loaded up.?? Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Rear is lower and that is normal but maybe take a water/soap spray and check all connections for leaks. You can manually adjust front or rear singularly through the
gauge cluster. Is your compressor running often? You should visually see the front
rise as well. Again check for leaks.
I would strongly suggest changing the springs to RacerTech springs for the Ltd.

As for the heat.....these machines are hot in the cockpit. Easy fix !
Get ahold of Troy and get his console cover. It is all you need to do.
Just pm him and he will hook you up.

#3 ·
I checked the ACS last night. heres what i found. UTV height before starting : 8.25 inches.
UTV height after allowing it to air up: 10.75 inches. The pump runs every minute for 4 seconds. my guess is that the height is probably ok but that it running every minute means i have a leak.

#7 ·
I found a leak in the right rear hose that connects to the shock. Im going to replace that as soon as I get parts. I'm still unsure about the ride height. I will see how it looks with a new hose then look into Racer Tech. It sounds like they have a great product. I'm not sure I understand why the front springs are replaced. Can anyone give me some input here?

#9 ·
I saw on the Racer Tech Web that they ask if you want a light, medium, or heavy spring on the spring package for the XT. When I load up my Commander Limited with a sprayer it will have about 480 lbs in the back. When I use it for trail riding and kids want to go along I estimate that with the extra seat and kids it will be an additional 350lbs. What spring do I need? Does Racer Tech offer different springs for the Limited Package?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.