Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am have an ongoing issue with my 2011 1000X. It pulls to the left. I have checked tire pressure ..no help. I have just adjusted the toe aligment..no help. One thing I did notice during the toe adjustment is that the left front wheel seems to be a half inch more inboard then the right side. I used the string method for the alignment. Don't know why this would be, so I measured the suspension from the frame to the hub..same on both sides. Measured the wheel back space..same on both sides. Maybe I am chasing ghosts!!
Both wheels spin freely with about the same amount of drag from the diff.
Just can't see any problems. But it's still pulling to the left and the left front tire has more wear on the inside tread.
Anybody have any ideas??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the left is more inboard, is the right axle pulled out? Did you just get this buggy?
I have had is a couple of years did't have the problem with the old stock wheel/tire combo. Now have 14" ATI HD bead locks with 28x10 STI Chicane RX

·
Registered
587 Posts
They're not 2 different front wheel widths, are they? I know you said you measured wheel offset. Also, why not put the original wheels on the front just to see if the problem goes away. If that's not feasible, what about rotating current tires front to back?

·
Super Moderator
23,714 Posts
Jack it up off the ground . Then measure from rim to rim on back side and front side and see if and or how much it’s out. If you got rear out of alignment you can’t use the string method.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jack it up off the ground . Then measure from rim to rim on back side and front side and see if and or how much it’s out. If you got rear out of alignment you can’t use the string method.
Thanks ACE...I'll try that, however I don't any aligment capability for the rear suspension. But I'll check rim-rim

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Is it leaning
At all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just put my commander on my alignment machine, and the left rear toe was out 1.58 degrees. That was a huge amount. I slotted the l.r. Trailing arm mounting holes and made my adjustments. I added a washer under the nut, and under the head of the bolt. When I had my adjustment where I wanted, I tightened the bolt, and tack welded the washer. Not a big deal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts