Can-Am Commander Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I talked to the warehouse last week and he told me he would just ship another coupler out for free. And here i was all excited thinking i just put this beefy rack in and all my problems were solved! Should know better than that by now with this damn thing! Haha.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Grubster. I just re read this thread and realized I missed some post before. I had the recall done and my DPS brackets are the new style. Did you get your machine back on the road?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hey booger you ever get your machine going? My rack is out of mine once again due to this damn coupler loosening up. I'm to the point I'm gonna cut the original coupler and this wicked built one in half on the lathe and Frankenstein one together

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Stinger is back together. After first install in my garage it seemed good. My buddy Jimmy helped me with it. It almost immediately started slipping. We took it to his shop, put it up in the air, and started over. It doesn’t look like it, even though the Rackzilla coupling seems to be just straight through, it needed to go on the DPS in a very specific tooth. We put it back together and it’s been fine since. I took a paint marker and marked a line on the DPS shaft and coupler so I would have a way to visually notice any movement. I don’t have a ton of miles on it since but it’s been good since September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
You bought one for a 14 model . Rackzilla doesn’t make one for a 15. But the 14 rack has a larger pinion from rackzilla not the factory . If you would have bought a 11/13 rack it would have fit .

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Did not cut it. Coupling was very snug on rack and loose on DPS. Kept fiddling with it until it was in the tightest position on the DPS then I believe we snugged that up then slid the rack into the bottom and tightened the $hip out of both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
But have no choice but to make this one work. Been thinking about spending the money we got paid for our vote (stimulus) 🤣😂 on a new dps unit. So would I order one for a 2014 to get the correct one for this rack?

41 - 60 of 81 Posts