Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
Ok not reading through al this . You needed the recall coupler for the 13 model from the dealer . And a 11/13 !! Rackzilla has been making a 13 rack sense 2011. You can not use a 14 coupler without modifying it to fit the 13 dps. The 14 dps is just a tough smaller and coupler will not tighten down on the 13 dps shaft .

8001610 this is the part number you need for the 13 model . If you got this part number then get the recall coupler from the dealer and no more issues .

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
The 14 dps shaft is smaller than the 13 shaft . In his pic the coupler is bottomed out as tight as it can be tightened and it’s still loose on the do’s shaft . If you remember everyone has to open the relief cut for the dps on the 14 couple to get it to tighten down on 13 dps till the cane out with the recall coupler .

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
The splines are just a touch smaller on the 14 and it allows for it to work side to side wearing the splines out in the coupler .

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
The 14 coupler has finer splines than what the rackzilla has. This kit came with a special coupler to accommodate.

The rackzilla 11/14 has the same pinion shaft . The dps shaft is what’s different. So they can accommodate for something that didn’t change till 15. They also say they don’t make a rack for a 13 dps. But they have made one from the first rack the built .

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
The 2180 is a 11/14 rack housing with a different pinion shaft . That’s why it’s listed for 14/15 not 11/14

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
No it’s not a late it’s there hybrid . Everything changed on the 15 model . 11/14 use 5 bolt mount 15 up use 4 bolt mount . And pinion shaft in 15 is same size as dps shaft .

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
If you order a new coupler from them and the get the relief cut opened up about a 1/16th inch you should be able to tighten it down enough to stop it from wearing loose.

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
You bought one for a 14 model . Rackzilla doesn’t make one for a 15. But the 14 rack has a larger pinion from rackzilla not the factory . If you would have bought a 11/13 rack it would have fit .

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
None of the racks have a driver side bushings. They have a wear slug that's spring loaded under the spanner nut just below the Pinon gear. That's what you tighten to take up the slack in the driver side. Do you the part number for the rack you are running? We have been down this road before. They claim to have a rack to fit a 15 model. But you would be the first on any forum to actually have one in a commander newer than 14. The only one they list for a dps is listed 14 and 15 dps and the coupler will not fit the 15 model dps output shaft. So I'm really curious as to the part number and some pics would be awesome also .

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
OK so yours isn't a factory dps model . That's why it fits your 15. Miss read your post sorry ignor most of my last post.

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
Well they have changed the coupler. The one bedroom wasn't even close to fitting the dps shaft. That spanner nut I was referring to pushes the rod back against the pinion gear to take up the slack . So unless something is bent or broke you should be able to tighten the nut and remove that slack .

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
I know yours is a 15. But one more question. How many bolts are holding rack to the frame ?

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
There is a spanner nut directory behind the cross shsft tighten it up that will stop. The nut is counter sunk it doesn't stick out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts