Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Power loss

6K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  acefire 
#1 ·
Ok yesterday I asked about fuel pumps put the new one in, work great for about 50 miles then started starving for fuel again. More throttle dies harder. Can go about 25 mph , sharp turning makes it die also. Stopped for 1.5 hours started and ran good again. Any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Just the pump. Where can I find a regulator ?

#5 · (Edited)
#6 ·

There was one people were talking about that was set for too low a pressure. Thinking that may be it. But not sure.

#11 ·
I didn’t have to up the fuse. It loses power after riding on rough trails it will only go about 22 mph before missing. It will also die more if I turn sharp either direction.

#12 ·
The tank is perfectly clean.

#13 ·
The tank is perfectly clean.

I was in the north woods with no cell signal so it took me a while to get back to any one. I just ordered a new fuel pump regulator. Thank you all for the info, I will find out in a few days

#14 ·
The other half of fuel issues is air. Mine died on the trail this winter and after changing the fuel filter and pump, pressure testing, pulling and cleaning each injector, I finally checked the codes and they pointed to the t- map sensor. Ordered a new one, plugged it in and it fired right up.

#16 ·
That’s a good idea.

#17 ·
I finally got back on the trail with a new fuel pressure regulator. It ran good until the rough trails, I loosened the gas cap and it didn't help. I made the long slow drive back and went to a gas station while it was still warm and running poorly filled up the tank with cool fuel and it immediately ran great. Any new ideas?

#18 ·
I think you should be looking for a broken wire somewhere. Possibly close to a heat source. Chances are you’re not gonna find it with your eyes. You’re going to have to do a resistance test on all wires that feed the fuel pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.