Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So do you guys think the power commander for the Outlander 800 will work on the 1000? I realize a custom tune would be needed, but plug and play?

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I doubt it since the new drive by wire system likely would not play nice with the existing setup made to work with a cable-operated throttle.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok, this thread is an old one, but I thought I'd revisit it. Now that it's been a couple of months, does anyone know if they are working on something for the Commander 1000? All this talk about aftermarket exhausts systems, and I know some are in the works. I know on the Outlander 800 that if you just put on a exhaust without a Power Commander module, it would run to lean or rich depending on the exhaust. They went hand in hand with each other if you wanted it to run right. I assume that this will hold true with the Can-am Commander. I wonder if Motoworks and Muzzys are accounting for this? You can't just bolt up an exhaust on theses EFI controlled Rotax engines and expect it to run right.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Ok, this thread is an old one, but I thought I'd revisit it. Now that it's been a couple of months, does anyone know if they are working on something for the Commander 1000? All this talk about aftermarket exhausts systems, and I know some are in the works. I know on the Outlander 800 that if you just put on a exhaust without a Power Commander module, it would run to lean or rich depending on the exhaust. they went hand in hand with each other if you wanted it to run right. I assume that this will hold true with the Can-am Commander. I wonder if Motoworks and Muzzys are accounting for this? You can't just bolt up an exhaust on theses EFI controlled Rotax engines and expect it to run right.
I am sure Techlusion(do beck, which makes the muzzys digitize, hmf optimizer and many others will be working on one if they are not already. Dynojet will almost certainly have a pc v out for it also.

·
Vendor
774 Posts
Ok, this thread is an old one, but I thought I'd revisit it. Now that it's been a couple of months, does anyone know if they are working on something for the Commander 1000? All this talk about aftermarket exhausts systems, and I know some are in the works. I know on the Outlander 800 that if you just put on a exhaust without a Power Commander module, it would run to lean or rich depending on the exhaust. they went hand in hand with each other if you wanted it to run right. I assume that this will hold true with the Can-am Commander. I wonder if Motoworks and Muzzys are accounting for this? You can't just bolt up an exhaust on theses EFI controlled Rotax engines and expect it to run right.
Muzzy is not going to sell you an exhaust that won't work with either the stock setup (slip-on's) or a tuner (full duals). Big question is how they will interface with the drive by wire and sport, regular modes. Take a trip through the paddoc at Daytona on Bike Week you'll see the Kawasaki engineer's turning to Muzzy for tuning help, suffice to say they know their stuff. The Commander Jon Crowley from UTV Weekly has been cruising at Dunefest all week will be at Muzzy's shop this week so give em a little time with it and they'll have it dialed in. We've sold a lot of Muzzy systems for the RZR and never had a complaint.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes for sure theres ignitions and fuel controllers being worked on already...as mentioned there will probably be a muzzys "digitune" (doebeck controller) with their exhaust...and sortly after I would look for Power Commanders and maybe we will have MSD step in..the MSD units are very nice on the Rhinos.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Muzzy is not going to sell you an exhaust that won't work with either the stock setup (slip-on's) or a tuner (full duals).

Old thread revisited again. I've read now, that no programmers are working with the Commander. It seems that vendors are now saying we need a new ECU to be able to adjust for mods. Muzzy I believe claimed an approximate 14 hp gain with their exhaust and programmer when they first released it. How did they get around this with the digitune programmer.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Muzzy is not going to sell you an exhaust that won't work with either the stock setup (slip-on's) or a tuner (full duals).

Old thread revisited again. I've read now, that no programmers are working with the Commander. It seems that vendors are now saying we need a new ECU to be able to adjust for mods. Muzzy I believe claimed an approximate 14 hp gain with their exhaust and programmer when they first released it. How did they get around this with the digitune programmer.

Actually, the PC3 works fine with the Commando. I use the one for the outty/rene, and it works just as it does with those bikes. Ya hafta figure out which wire for the tps, but after that, it's good. An ecm will be best, but there's not one out just yet, Monster Products will have one shortly.

Also, I can't find any power with any exhaust I've dynoed. The race Muzzy and the HMF both lost power. The stocker made the most power so far, I even put it back on after I dynoed both of the pipes, power came back. The ecu wasn't closing the throttle either. Maybe they'll help after bigger bores are installed, IDK, but either pipe is very well made, and should outlast any of us, since they're both stainless.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
On our Dynojet chassis dyno we picked up power with both our Swamp slip on and Dual slip on. Just had our dyno stack serviced and Calibrated prior to testing with the Commander. We used our Gen 3.5 Optimizer by Dobeck to lean the mixture a bit. AFR readings were taken with a new O2 sensor from Dynojet, bung placed in the middle of our X collector. Not arguing MRRPMs findings here as they certainly know their stuff. Just stating our findings here.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
On our Dynojet chassis dyno we picked up power with both our Swamp slip on and Dual slip on. Just had our dyno stack serviced and Calibrated prior to testing with the Commander. We used our Gen 3.5 Optimizer by Dobeck to lean the mixture a bit. AFR readings were taken with a new O2 sensor from Dynojet, bung placed in the middle of our X collector. Not arguing MRRPMs findings here as they certainly know their stuff. Just stating our findings here.

Post results, how much power? I'm doing dual O2 sensor readings, about 8 in from each head.

What model dyno ya'll got? Mine is a 250iX ATV eddy current dyno.

Not bein a smartass, since i'm a dealer for ya'll, I just can't find anything at all, (horsepower wise) completely contrary to the ATV stuff ya'll & most everyone else sells.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Here is our chart which is a raw version of the one under Commander > resources on our website. (Kinda small but Ctrl + should do the trick) We have a DJ 200 Dyno. Not trying to say that your results are right or wrong here. All that I'm doing is backing up our products and showing our results. As I said previously you guys know your stuff and we love the work you guys do. Again I'm not calling you a liar. EVERY dyno is different.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Here is our chart which is a raw version of the one under Commander > resources on our website. (Kinda small but Ctrl + should do the trick) We have a DJ 200 Dyno. Not trying to say that your results are right or wrong here. All that I'm doing is backing up our products and showing our results. As I said previously you guys know your stuff and we love the work you guys do. Again I'm not calling you a liar. EVERY dyno is different.

So we see some gain in HP on this, I wouldn't think the dyno would matter here, since you & I are both doing back to back testing on our respective dynos. I just can't duplicate your results. I don't know why these pipes don't make more power on mine, I'm still testing.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts

So we see some gain in HP on this, I wouldn't think the dyno would matter here, since you & I are both doing back to back testing on our respective dynos. I just can't duplicate your results. I don't know why these pipes don't make more power on mine, I'm still testing.
Maybe take the Bananas out someone at HMF shoved up the canisters before they sent them to you?:icon_ rofl:

·
Banned
2,446 Posts
i called power commander they said do not install a power commander on the commander because they have not made one for that electrical system yet and dont know what kind of damage it might do.then explained to me that they do not condone what mrrpm has done or telling us and this will for sure void any and all warranties from brp, power commander or any third party warranties purchased

1 - 16 of 16 Posts