Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Post up pics of your light bar or led light placement

96K views 148 replies 84 participants last post by  Tmac4468 
#1 ·
I am planning on some lighting upgrades and was wondering if everyone that has some would mind posting some pics of what they have done. Thanks!

#2 ·
My buddy's maverick. Its the same cage. He used exhaust clamps

#3 ·
Here's a picture of the mount/guard I made for my 42" light bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#6 ·
What clamps did you use? Nice fab job looks great!

#5 ·
There is no glare from the light. I have my full windshield on now and it's good also

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#58 ·
why only one attachment?

I have posted many attachments to posts.

#12 ·
I have a 10" Sirius LED bar on the top of the bumper for low beam operation and a 20" Sirius LED bar on roof for high beam operation.
10" are about 6000 lumens and the 20" are 12,500 lumens its like turning on the SUN!!!!

click to enlarge pic

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Bumper

#14 ·
20" Sirius led on roof, 6" sirius led for reverse light and rigid D2 duallies on the A- pillar.

Attachments

#15 ·

I took out the smaller round led's and made room for this single row led light bar. Made a huge difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 · (Edited)
They look great guys and perfect placements!! Almost like they were meant to be there, I like the idea of having one on the back of the machine. Momma won't let me drive much at night since I'm usually on the whiskey and she hides the keys! Probably a good thing.:wacko: :icon_wink: :unsure:

Anyways, heres mine! 30"

Attachments

#19 ·
Brian, looks great.

#21 ·
Burtonair01,
thanks, yours is much more stylish,
I was trying to make it like yours with the bottom support curved like the top but somehow after the mock up and the tack welding the lower bends (I had spent hours measuring fitting and notching) were too short so it wound up like it is.
I can not believe how bright that thing is. I have seen several other vids on here with smaller length light bars in different mounting locations, and I am not sure if it is something lost in the vid or what but mine seems like the field of view is much much wider. I mean like 300' to the right and 300' to the left and 400' in front is brighter than daylight not to mention it hits the top of the trees as well. I know that the higher the light is you will get a better return on the reflection cause the angle is greater, but I did not expect that much. Is yours like that? I guess to site an example would be to look at Mudyapsters led vids for comparison. His seems more like a spot light down the trail. That said I would also like to have something in addition to my 40" bar that would spot 1000' down the trail.

#22 ·
Brian,
I went to our local sand dunes camping last October and we have a huge hill thats very tall and very wide(Big Sand Mountain) I mean this is a big sand hill, alot of machines cannot climb it stock. But anyways, I did a night ride up it and they wife satyed back at the fire, well we had been watching machines go up it all night then I decided to go up it to see how the light bar worked since I just got it and haven't done much night riding. My wife was saying from back at camp it looked like day time when I went up that mtn. Way better than stock head lights thats for damn sure!

#24 ·
Chine61,
So what light bar do you have?

#25 · (Edited)
#26 ·
I wish I had your talent so I could make me one!

#27 ·
Heres mine

Attachments

#29 ·

I recently installed this 40in bar that I got off amazon for 130

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#30 ·
My son ordered 4 of the Rigid square flood lights for a customer and they were suppose to get spots. So I took the four thinking I'll two pointing out front and two to the side to cover the side of the road and deer coming up. I'll pits up pic once I get them set up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.