Can-Am Commander Forum banner
121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
My uncles commander has half windshield like mine and he don't have the wind in the face like I do, so I think its from the light bar. Just thought maybe there was a different mount I could try, not sure about full windshield and glare effect I would have with full windshield, or maybe there's no glare from full windshield and 40" bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
26,374 Posts
Been running full windshield for 4800 miles now glare is bad up hill into the sun but not normal trail riding. But had no issues with glare till it started getting beat up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
is their any fix for all the dust it sucks in to the cab i have the factory snorkles so they say the rear net wont fit also have doors on it we have the flip windshield with the top section removed now could the light bar on the roof be causing wind turbalance because we get dust tornados in the passenger seat about 35mph & above

·
Administrator
26,374 Posts
Full back glass and seal the corners behind the seats . Also pool noodle helps sealing the bed to the rear of the cab.

·
Registered
152 Posts
thanks ill give it a try. will the back glass fit with the rear cvt vent risers

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
is their any fix for all the dust it sucks in to the cab i have the factory snorkles so they say the rear net wont fit also have doors on it we have the flip windshield with the top section removed now could the light bar on the roof be causing wind turbalance because we get dust tornados in the passenger seat about 35mph & above
Sounds like I have the same setup. I put on the soft rear window and cutout a couple holes for the snorkel exhaust.

I also keep the front window cracked an inch or two. This keeps some positive air pressure in the cab. It helps a lot, but nothing will eliminate it completely.

You should still keep your beer covered.

Sounds like I have the same setup.

I put on the soft rear window and cut a couple of holes in the plastic for the snorkel exhaust.

I also keep the front window cracked a couple of inches. That creates a bit of positive air pressure.

It's still a little bit dusty. But way better than it would be otherwise.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I run a half and a full windshield with half doors and the rear net helps. But I put the pool noodle across the latch bar and that also helps more than I thought it ever would.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I also had to modify the second air intake because it interfered with my harness bar so I really don't remember if it would have to be modified or adjusted to work with a net.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm wanting to mount a 40" curved light bar below the roof but outside of the windshield. Anyone know what mounts will work with the BRP sport roof and Kolphin 3000 full windshield?

I was looking at the UTV inc mounts but they say they will not work with the Can Am sport roof.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
A pillar lights

How do you have your a pillar lights mounted? Cage clamps? I was going to use cage clamps but my windshield didn’t much allow for it. So I made some brackets to fit where the cage bolts up yesterday. My switch hasn’t come in yet so I haven’t wired them but in addition to 6 central LEDs there’s also 3 on one side of each light to light up the sides of the machine. I saw a YouTube test of them that looked good so I’m hoping they perform.

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
How do you have your a pillar lights mounted? Cage clamps? I was going to use cage clamps but my windshield didn’t much allow for it. So I made some brackets to fit where the cage bolts up yesterday. My switch hasn’t come in yet so I haven’t wired them but in addition to 6 central LEDs there’s also 3 on one side of each light to light up the sides of the machine. I saw a YouTube test of them that looked good so I’m hoping they perform.
I fabricated small add on brackets that bolt on with windshield.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I recently purchased some Sylvania ZEVO LED headlights for my Commander! Holy what an improvement over factory! Don't think I'm going to get a light bar now as they are bright enough for my liking. Great product!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry for the thread bump -- but for those of you that have mounted it on the top or middle of the front bumper are you seeing any issues with coolant temps? I'm out in AZ. Looking at putting a 14" between the bars on the bumper

121 - 140 of 149 Posts