Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning my post air filter. Do you think it would be fine to use k&N cleaner and oil for this?

The original filter came pre oiled and does seem to be pretty thick type oil.

Tia

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks boog. I agree about their filters. Don't use them anymore but still have a few cans of this around.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I started reading more about foam filters, I'm going to pick some up specifically for them. It is a lot thicker oil.
Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So glad I read the post about the post air filter when I first picked up my machine. All that dirt would have went into my motor.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
I started reading more about foam filters, I'm going to pick some up specifically for them. It is a lot thicker oil.
Thanks for the comments.

Good info. I guess I’ll keep the K&N oil for the pleated filters only. Let us know what you come up with. Thanks. Boog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll let you know what I find.
I'll still use the k&n oil on my S&B filter on my truck.

·
Super Moderator
23,668 Posts
I have ran a bunch of uni filters . I know that oil is think and sticky. But I don’t think it was as sticky as the factory oil on the post filter .

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I bought a brand at the cycle shop called "Fab 1". It seems to do good. The same stuff as in this link but my memory says it was only about $10 where I got it. https://www.amazon.com/Maxima-61920-FAB-1-Filter-Spray/dp/B000WK3NBG

And yeah, the oil that came on the filter originally was flypaper sticky. I'm surprised air could get past it.

I'm not sure if the Maxima Fab 1 is what the factory used but it's pretty tacky and its the same color - blue.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went with "no toil" oil.
Getting the old oil out of the filter was a joke. I used the K&N filter cleaner on it twice and the no toil that came with the new stuff and still didn't feel like I got it all out. That stuff is thick!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts