Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Commander Max and started feeling and hearing an occasional slip in the rear end after a couple weeks of driving. The pop sounds like chain or gear slipping and I can feel the slip as I lose power for a spit second. The slip happens when is am at constant throttle, like going up a hill, or moving at a constant rate of speed, not when starting or letting off the gas. Dealer could not replicate the issue and told me to keep driving. I just put Apache back country tracks on and it is now doing it much more often. Not sure if this is necessarily because of the tracks or just starting to get worse in general. Also starting to hear a buzz or spinning sound immediately after the pop. Dealer was finally able to replicate the issue. Dealer opened the transmission and differential and cant find any indication of the causing. They replaced the axle because of some discolored grease just in case. That did not fix the issue. Any ideas what else this could be?

We do a lot of back country driving and I am little afraid to take it out while having this issue. This is so aggravating. Hope you all have some suggestions.

Snow Tire Sky Vehicle Mountain

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I have a 2021 Commander Max and started feeling and hearing an occasional slip in the rear end after a couple weeks of driving. The pop sounds like chain or gear slipping and I can feel the slip as I lose power for a spit second. The slip happens when is am at constant throttle, like going up a hill, or moving at a constant rate of speed, not when starting or letting off the gas. Dealer could not replicate the issue and told me to keep driving. I just put Apache back country tracks on and it is now doing it much more often. Not sure if this is necessarily because of the tracks or just starting to get worse in general. Also starting to hear a buzz or spinning sound immediately after the pop. Dealer was finally able to replicate the issue. Dealer opened the transmission and differential and cant find any indication of the causing. They replaced the axle because of some discolored grease just in case. That did not fix the issue. Any ideas what else this could be?

We do a lot of back country driving and I am little afraid to take it out while having this issue. This is so aggravating. Hope you all have some suggestions.

View attachment 67272
Does it have the turf saver mode? When it happens does it lose power to the right tire/track?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts