Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to mount pod lights up front instead of a bar. How many would be traditional? I’m a truck driver and in that world all front or rear lights should be grouped in odd numbers. But I notice that pod light packs come in even numbered groups (4, 8, 20) is the grouping traditionally even numbered in the off-road world?
Thoughts? Suggestions
Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes I believe the off-road world like to keep everything even. I have pod lights on my commander but I thought I was doing a great thing when I bought mine, I got the side shooters, but I got the lights with side shooters on both sides of the light and I mounted them on the front A arm of the cage. Don't do that, unless you get the side shooters that have a right and left side shooter. I had to tape over the inside side shooter to stop the blinding light inside the cab. These are the ones I got, but with the side shooters on both sides of the light.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I believe the off-road world like to keep everything even. I have pod lights on my commander but I thought I was doing a great thing when I bought mine, I got the side shooters, but I got the lights with side shooters on both sides of the light and I mounted them on the front A arm of the cage. Don't do that, unless you get the side shooters that have a right and left side shooter. I had to tape over the inside side shooter to stop the blinding light inside the cab. These are the ones I got, but with the side shooters on both sides of the light.

Thanks Blumtn that sounds hard on the eyes! How is your powder coat holding up? Do you otherwise like the lights?

·
Registered
311 Posts
They still look good, I have a 20" lightbar on the front bumper and the pod lights mounted on the A pillar up toward the roof and I really like that setup. Its kind of scary because when you are riding at night and meet on oncoming vehicle and shut the lights off leaving the factory lights on you think the world has gone dark. LOL.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I made brackets for the a-pillars and mounted pods with “side shooters”. My left one only puts out side light to the left and the right one puts out side light to the right. So as mentioned, be careful about that. My wife got them on eBay for me several years ago for $45 I think. I use these 99% of the time. Rarely turn on my headlights or the top light bar. High mounted light bars suck if there’s a mist or fog as a lot of the light reflects back.
One of the forum sponsors has a-pillar mounts, utvinc I think. But it was cheaper to make them and I had some scrap steel.

Edit: I see on another post your going to get a 2022. I would think that most maverick sport and trail accessories will fit it given that the new commander is basically a stretched sport with a bed. And the sport is a wider trail. So mounts for those will likely work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made brackets for the a-pillars and mounted pods with “side shooters”. My left one only puts out side light to the left and the right one puts out side light to the right. So as mentioned, be careful about that. My wife got them on eBay for me several years ago for $45 I think. I use these 99% of the time. Rarely turn on my headlights or the top light bar. High mounted light bars suck if there’s a mist or fog as a lot of the light reflects back.
One of the forum sponsors has a-pillar mounts, utvinc I think. But it was cheaper to make them and I had some scrap steel.

Edit: I see on another post your going to get a 2022. I would think that most maverick sport and trail accessories will fit it given that the new commander is basically a stretched sport with a bed. And the sport is a wider trail. So mounts for those will likely work.

View attachment 66591 View attachment 66592 View attachment 66593
Slowindown those mounts look great! Your rig looks like it’s well loved.
Interesting point you make about fog/mist. Some low mount lights would be invaluable in such conditions. Expensive rigs to outfit, but it’s fun too.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Thanks. Yeah bad fog even the a-pillars are a bit high. So some bumper mounts might be good too. The pic below is how I had them set up on my rhino. Two on the bumper and two at the a-pillar. Made those mounts too. Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts