Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the 2019 defender dps models and to get the red ones it's an extra $800. From what I gather it's because its a truck like paint where the standard green is just colored plastic. At least that's the way I understood it. Is the truck like paint better? If so why?

·
Registered
72 Posts
If they really have painted parts (vs plastic) that would be a big difference in cost for sure. And like ace said probably more durable really (and repairable). Plastic as a material is pretty tough but the natural finish of it isn't, nor can you repair it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I honestly don't know if it is better, but the only down side I see with the squadron green color of the DPS is they don't make matching panels for the beds (like they do on all the other colors). Not a huge deal, but I would have liked the option of color matching in the rear on my DPS green model. I contacted CanAm about the option or potential, and basically was told there was none. They want an arm and a leg for the painted models or the camo models, but at least you can get panels to match front/back. Doesn't seem worth that expense however.

Not sure if CanAm would make the squadron green panels available if receiving enough requests from consumers.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts