Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 commander 800r last ride threw a p0302 code, cylinder 2 missfire, machine seemed to be running fine and no signs of missfire, the next ride the check engine light came back on with p1136, is that a bad o2 sensor?

·
Registered
981 Posts
I would certainly think so. Even though they are different codes, they both originate from the oxygen sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I was kinda thinking the same thing. You think the missfire could be caused by a bad o2 sensor? I have heard the factory plugs can have too much anti seize on them and cause bad spark, so was going to change them just as a good measure. And do you know if a 2019 has one o2 per cylinder or 2?

·
Registered
981 Posts
I think that the 0302 code is saying cylinder misfire because it is seeing a rich exhaust (un-burned fuel). I guess the question is: is it really seeing that, or is the sensor wigging out? When I look up the 1136 code, some say it's a lean condition, some say rich, but mostly "bank 1", depending on manufacturer. I would suspect the sensors, since you say it runs fine. Plugs are much cheaper, however (y). If plugs don't do it, I'd source the O2 sensors elsewhere. I think they're a Bosch, and commonly available for about half BRP's price. The parts fiche for your machine shows 1 per cylinder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thank you! I can’t seem to find anywhere online that has a decent list of codes or a decent parts list 🤷🏻‍♂️ I have seen that o2 sensors are much cheaper online for the price I will probably just put a new one in bank one while I have it apart to do the plugs. The machine only has 1400 miles on it and runs perfect, no signs of missfire or running rich so I’m hoping it’s just a faulty sensor

·
Registered
981 Posts
I think you're on the right track. That is also how I'd approach it. Someone on this forum a while back found the sensors at a parts store. Maybe they'll see this and chime in. Here's some links to OEM parts and OBD codes for future reference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man you’re awesome! Thanks so much, I’m gonna read through that and go from there, think I will end up putting a new o2 in and some new plugs and hopefully that solves the issue. I greatly appreciate that input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts