Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys- I have a 2015 1000 Commander Max XT that has been giving me a check engine light, mostly at lower rpms. It goes away as I continue to ride. Then it started missing and threw the 0301 code, cylinder 1 misfire, and went into limp mode. I changed the plugs, wires and coil seem ok (I did watch them spark while cranking over). I swapped the injectors and it still gave the 0301 code not 0302. We tested the injector wires from ECM and sensor showed they were ok. I just swapped front O2 sensor, because dealer only had one, still have the same issue. I've read other discussions on here this am, and will check the cam sensor next. Does anyone have any further items I should check? I don't want to take to the dealer if possible, they are busy till May anyway.

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
If you are thinking everything else is good. Crank Sensor is about all you got left to check .

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
You might check for an intake manifold leak, and check fuel pressure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might check for an intake manifold leak, and check fuel pressure.
I did spray starter fluid around manifold yesterday, nothing happened. I will probably check fuel pressure if crank sensor doesn't work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are thinking everything else is good. Crank Sensor is about all you got left to check .
Agree, I'll let you know how the crank sensor goes. Picking one up this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
If the crank sensor doesn't fix, you might want to pick up one of these. I think Autozone has them. It not only checks for spark, but strength of spark. You could compare both cylinder sparks while it's throwing the code. Came in handy working on a friend's atv that wouldn't start with the starter, but would start right up with pull rope. Spark was always there, but way stronger with pull rope starting. Can help you verify coil/wire integrity.
spark strength tester.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So dealer actually didn't have crank sensor, I have ordered one. I'll update next week after I get in put in. I will pick one of the spark testers up and give it a try. I did pick up a coil and will put it in if tester shows the spark is weak.

Reactions: acefire
1 - 7 of 7 Posts