Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like I have to use the override button for the simplest things. On small inclines such as a small ditch in my yard or turn sharp from a dead stop. My screen will say low gear and make the whole rig start bucking until I hold the override. Is this normal or is there a way to bypass this button.

·
Super Moderator
24,888 Posts
Dealer can turn it off . It a program in the ecm to save the belt by making go to low range .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems like I have to use the over ride button alot. Any small inclines at slow speed or even taking off from a complete stop with wheels turned I have to hold the button or it will just start hesitating like the clutches are grabbing then letting go.

·
Super Moderator
24,888 Posts
also if it is real jerky on take off that maybe triggering the belt saver. flat spotted belt will cause it to be jerky.

·
Registered
575 Posts
SMH I never heard of such a thing. I always thought that the override switch was for reverse. Never had anything run across my dash.

·
Super Moderator
24,888 Posts
Over ride kills all. 16 and up have belt saver to stop you from taking off on a hill in high. It’s stupid for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts