Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Summer-
The burping procedure is described in your owner's manual under 'maintenance procedures'-'cooling system bleeding'. And I use green coolant that mixes with all colors, good for aluminum, etc.
Ok. Thanks to both of you.... I will start reading and burping and see what happens!

·
Super Moderator
24,084 Posts
If you got a tree and a winch stand it on its rear end all the air will move to the front .

·
Super Moderator
24,084 Posts
We fought with one two weeks ago for two days. Check water pump replaced thermostat and still over heading radiator was cold . Hung it in the tree and 5 minutes later it was done .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Of course I think the dealer should have done that! My experience at the dealership is a sore subject for service altogether. So the reserve tank underneath was a little below the min line. And I could even see it in the main tank so I topped both off. When I did that I noticed a clear tube with the link antifreeze in it not plugged in anywhere. It has a white cap in it so wondering if that is a bleed line or if it’s supposed to be plugged in anywhere? Didn’t see mention of this line in the manual. just drove it and it went to 4 bars hot and fan came on a few times so I guess that’s a good thing.

·
Super Moderator
24,084 Posts
4 bars is normal. Only clear lines are vent lines . Now if your talking about a clear line on bottom right front of the engine 4” long not hooked to anything that the water pump peep line . If water pump seal goes out it drains the water out that line to keep it from crossing over into the oil.

·
Registered
665 Posts
The line with the white breather on it, at least on mine, is the fuel tank vent line. There is also the front diff vent line and cooling fan vent line. If there's another, it probably goes to the canuter valve.

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
My commander needed to be lifted about 3’ up in the front to get the air to bugger off . The Coolant lines go up and down and all over the place on these canned hams . Guess that’s why they are hard to burp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts