Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in the Tucson, Arizona area and only 2 dealers are getting the Commander. The dealers are Ride Now Powersports. I hate them. I had to buy my Outlander 800 from them and it was the worst customer experience I ever had. Once they get your money they treat you like a bum on their property. I hope this time it goes alot better. So they made me put a 500.00 non refundable dollar deposit down on the 1000X. They also said I have to buy 1500.00 dollars worth of can am accessories. So here is my cost layout. I thinks it's a lot, but there is no negotiating on a product this hot. Tell me how bad I got screwed. The dealer costs are ridiculous!!

Commander 1000X: $14,700

Full Skids: $1,135.00

Winch Plate: $89.00

Winch: $477.00

Dealer Freight: $680.00

Dealer Set up: $400.00

Dealer titling/processing: $300.00

GRAND TOTAL WITH TAX OUT THE DOOR

$19,188.00 OUCHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
you have to buy accessories on top of paying all that other??? thats insane. and a NON refundable deposit didnt know they still had those lol gawd OUCHHH is right =\\\\

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did they kiss you???
I know when I'm getting screwed I like to be kiss alot.
Thats way out of line, I won't deal with Ride now here in Phoenix. They rip people off all the time.
They cannot keep your deposit without the product on hand. You should shop around

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did, there the only ones getting them. Can am is only giving them to there high volume dealers. This thing better rock my world!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, you sure won't be walking straight for awhile, lol. Dealer freight of 600$ or so will likely be standard. But the rest is pure RAPING. You western guys always seem to get bent over a little harder than us back east though. The skids and winch I'll also be getting, so if you wanted them you didnt make out to bad on them. If you didn't want them, ebay them and you'll break even about. Basically, you got taken for ~1000$ for being an early adopter. Wont be too bad since you live in AZ and can ride in the winter more, seeing as the X's wont be out till late fall anyways. Being up here, I have no problem waiting till late spring next year to get one, since riding in the frigid cold isn't my idea of fun. Hopefully the initial buying frenzy will have cooled off by then ;)

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, I actually prefer riding in winter. Yesterday it was 108 degrees. Winters are in the 60's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How'd you find out which dealers were selling them? I checked CanAm's website and couldn't find any dealer info. I called a local Ridenow for info and they had no info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yea, you got screwwed.. im paying 14,700 plus a $199 processing fee and thats total out the door on the first X they get through the door which will be first week of september.. i put a $250 dollar deposit..

·
Registered
135 Posts
I live in the Tucson, Arizona area and only 2 dealers are getting the Commander. The dealers are Ride Now Powersports. I hate them. I had to buy my Outlander 800 from them and it was the worst customer experience I ever had. Once they get your money they treat you like a bum on their property. I hope this time it goes alot better. So they made me put a 500.00 non refundable dollar deposit down on the 1000X. They also said I have to buy 1500.00 dollars worth of can am accessories. So here is my cost layout. I thinks it's a lot, but there is no negotiating on a product this hot. Tell me how bad I got screwed. The dealer costs are ridiculous!!

Winch: $477.00 (Normally $689.00 they gave me their cost)

That's cheap compared to here.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Winch: $477.00 (Normally $689.00 they gave me their cost)

That's cheap compared to here.
What are they telling you?

·
Registered
135 Posts
With extended warenty. A little below 30K (CDN). Confirmed.. No Thank YOU!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good god. You are getting absolutely robbed. Ride now is the biggest bunch of crooks there are. When I bought the first white ltr450 from Apache when they came out in 06 I paid MSRP which was around 7200. Ride now was selling them for 11500. I know it's exciting, but shop around and maybe drive to Phoenix and save yourself several thousand dollars.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can't speak for every one here in Canada.

However i contacted dealers claiming certain prices on-line and mentioned in the newspapers and the prices vary enormously.

Usually in the upward cost.

I would recommend waiting at least a month from now before pre-ordering.

There is a-lot of dishonest price gouging going on at the moment.

Even better if you can wait a year. So that brp can work the bugs out, and there will be bugs in the machine..

Enjoy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bet the sales guys were really having a good time making fun of you when you left. You are every sales person's dream come true. Personally, I think that was a dumb move on your part. I just put a deposit on my X on Thursday. 14,600 OTD. No BS fees. I never give money for that crap no matter what Im buying.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This thread is headed in the wrong direction. It should not be about poking fun at a fellow enthusiast. The gentleman was simply sharing what he did to assure he got a machine he is greatly looking forward to. It really is unfortunate that some dealers will try and "gouge" customers, especially when there is this much excitement about a new release. Congratulations on your forthcoming purchase. Even though I have no intention of buying a Commander at the moment (I have a Prowler XTZ with long travel that I really enjoy), I hope the Commander is a home run for Can-Am. If so, it will do nothing but raise the bar for the other manufacturers to follow.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I agree with cnj its headed in the wrong direction and needs to be turned around =[[[ some dealers in some areas wont budge, wont deal and just dont care they figure if you dont buy it the next person will

1 - 20 of 88 Posts