Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
I purchased a used Can Am 2014 Can Am Max XT
While changing oil, I noticed on all u tube videos it calls for a 17mm socket for the plug. Mine has a 9mm Allen head plug, and had mucho silicone around it. Makes me think it’s not the original plug. Is the oil plug, in fact, 17mm Head? The plug I have has a magnet on inside of plug, and just wondering if I need to change it out.....??

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The oil plug on my '14 XT takes a 17mm socket so it sounds like somebody swapped yours out. There is also a copper crush washer under it.

Steve

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello All
I purchased a used Can Am 2014 Can Am Max XT
While changing oil, I noticed on all u tube videos it calls for a 17mm socket for the plug. Mine has a 9mm Allen head plug, and had mucho silicone around it. Makes me think it’s not the original plug. Is the oil plug, in fact, 17mm Head? The plug I have has a magnet on inside of plug, and just wondering if I need to change it out.....??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Be careful the threads for the oil plug in the bottom of the crankcase arent very robust. A lot people have had issues with stripping these out, maybe thats why yours is different ? Dont over torque the bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts