Can-Am Commander Forum banner

ordered a new 2022 can-am commander XT

22K views 62 replies 16 participants last post by  Feltersnatch 
#1 ·
Ordered a new 2022 can-am commander xt 1000R with three mirrors and tailgate extension.
now I wait.

Dealer told me to expect 3-4 months, is that about right? In SW Ontario.

#38 ·
You’ll like the smart lok front diff even more. [emoji6]. I also wanted a blue one but by the time I added the front diff , all the necessary parts , the LED headlights and a mirror (all standard equipment on the XTP) the XTP was $500 more. So for the extra $500 I got 30” rubber , bead lock wheels and fox qsc’s on all four corners. Kind of a no brainer really. The black and orange has definitely grown on me. No regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#41 ·
The XTP isn't all black by the way, it's black + orange.

As it turns out, Can-Am is not accepting any new side-by-side orders in October from any dealer in Ontario. Apparently they haven't been accepting any new mavericks for several months as well. My order with dealer1 was not accepted.

I just put my deposit down with dealer 2 who has a unit coming in November/December, from an August order. A little bit more money so I dropped any accessories I was going to get.

Anybody know where I might be able to get side mirrors +center mirror+ tailgate extension in Canada??

#44 ·
I would make sure to do the battery upgrade my 2021 will not hold a charge for more than 2 weeks you need to keep a trickle charge on it the battery they put in it is inadequate a little disappointed coming from a Polaris RZR which has a full size battery

#47 ·
I heard from two dealers the same thing. Likely they will try to order it in november or december now. March-May sounds about right but I wouldn't be surprised if it's later. Apparently the fire at the mexico plant only affected 6 days of production of vehicles but they managed to get back on track relatively quickly.

#51 ·
The supply chain issue the past couple years will be a case study for years to come. I'm hearing rumours that Can-Am is back in full production and are fulfilling orders. They declined a bunch of new orders in October, let's see what happens next week. I'm optimistic for a November-December date still

#53 ·
Well I picked it up yesterday and it's a beauty! I will say that the side mirrors aren't extremely helpful for backing up onto the trailer but that's fine. The panoramic center mirror is excellent. I lipread, and can see the passenger's face pretty clearly which is nice. Very good wide view on it. Tailgate extension is also pretty neat, and my dealer told me it was the first one they saw.

unit pulls hard, is super nice over the trails

#59 ·
My recent search here in the Midwest turned up a few dealers with XT's in the pipeline but they were charging some crazy fees. I refuse to buy from any stealership that is willing to take advantage of the buying public purely for their personal gain. In my mind thats not someone I choose to partner with when buying something that will likely require interaction with the dealer in the future. If they are willing to take advantage of a client on the initial purchase what's to say they wont do it again. I shopped around and found a dealer with a blue XT in the pipeline, put my down payment on it and 2 weeks later its in my garage at a price I can live with. He isnt losing any money and I didnt have to pay more than its worth. Proves there are still companies out there that recognize how important it is to take care of their clients.

#61 ·
I ordered my 2022 max xtp the day they did the product release, was told it should be here in December. Then told January, now sitting at Feb 6 and no word back from dealer. I know it’s out of their hands. I will say my buddy is a trucker and he hauls some can am products when the bid is realistic. Can am does not want to pay competitively apparently to get their product delivered. End of the day, I don’t want other sxs products, so I will wait as long as it takes. I can drive my defender around until commander gets here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.