Can-Am Commander Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Do you know what the allotted order periods are? I know the next one is early Oct ,but I wonder if they're every two months. I think people will start seeing the 2022s delivered in Oct.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you know what the allotted order periods are? I know the next one is early Oct ,but I wonder if they're every two months. I think people will start seeing the 2022s delivered in Oct.
Yes I was told the next orders are going in in October like you said, with expected delivery between Jan. and Feb. I do not know if it is exactly 2 months but all the ones that I talked to (which was a lot) said August was their first period they could order '22s and the next was Oct.

·
Administrator
26,673 Posts
Our dealer here has to place a order in June for the up coming yr. And they have to order what they project to be sold for the up coming yr . Then they get a call 24 hr before delivery guy shows up for the rest of that yr . So once order is in they know machines will be coming in every month but don't know which ones till they show up . That was how I found out there were no 2020 commander coming out. They weren't on the annual order sheet in June of 2019.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Interesting. I read somewhere that BRP has been getting caught up so maybe there could be some optimism

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
hearing that the XTs could be delivered october - december, yet the XTPs will be jan-feb due to a paint shortage

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
There's a dealer near me who says they are getting an XT on the floor in November. I'm not sure how they know that since the dealer that has my deposit right now says they won't know the ETA until mid-October.
If the 3month estimate is accurate, then my dealer might get it in November as well. Since I have a trip planned in Nov I think I'll hold on my deposit and wait.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Looks like my order will
There's a dealer near me who says they are getting an XT on the floor in November. I'm not sure how they know that since the dealer that has my deposit right now says they won't know the ETA until mid-October.
If the 3month estimate is accurate, then my dealer might get it in November as well. Since I have a trip planned in Nov I think I'll hold on my deposit and wait.
Looks like this dealer had put this order in back in August. Sounds like if your order is going in October, like mine, you probably won't be seeing it until February.
I guess I'll be waiting over the winter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like my order will

Looks like this dealer had put this order in back in August. Sounds like if your order is going in October, like mine, you probably won't be seeing it until February.
I guess I'll be waiting over the winter
Yes this is my understanding as well. August orders delivered before the beginning of 22, October orders delivered January to February of 22.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
As Acefire suggested, I continue to look for other dealers that might already have one on the floor. Get this - a dealer ("dealer2") about an hour away has one arriving in November. I got it priced out but it came about $1500 more than the order I already have with dealer1- I asked dealer2 if they could price-match. Dealer2 calls me back and says they discussed it, but they don't want to 'steal a customer' from dealer1. Truth be told, I think they just felt they would have no problems selling and getting the extra 1500 in November.

So I stick with dealer1 I guess - they're going to place the order tomorrow - I'm told that Can-Am might only accept 1 commander order (I'm first in line) and that there's a chance that Can-Am won't accept it all.
Crazy world.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As Acefire suggested, I continue to look for other dealers that might already have one on the floor. Get this - a dealer ("dealer2") about an hour away has one arriving in November. I got it priced out but it came about $1500 more than the order I already have with dealer1- I asked dealer2 if they could price-match. Dealer2 calls me back and says they discussed it, but they don't want to 'steal a customer' from dealer1. Truth be told, I think they just felt they would have no problems selling and getting the extra 1500 in November.

So I stick with dealer1 I guess - they're going to place the order tomorrow - I'm told that Can-Am might only accept 1 commander order (I'm first in line) and that there's a chance that Can-Am won't accept it all.
Crazy world.

Yeah they don’t care about taking a customer from someone, it’s business. They were trying to find a nice way to tell you that they weren’t going to drop their price. If dealer 1 doesn’t already have it ordered then my concern for you is that you may not see it for quite a few months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered a new 2022 can-am commander xt 1000R with three mirrors and tailgate extension.
now I wait.

Dealer told me to expect 3-4 months, is that about right? In SW Ontario.
I put a deposit down in May..was told then It would
be a 2022 model and it would be ordered in September..didn't happen..was told Can am limited order and I would be up next in early October..got a call today and was told they are only allowing them to order a few 700's and a few non turbo mavericks a and a few defenders. Now the dealer is telling my it's probably gonna be March..what the F? If I put a deposit down in May they should be able to order my machine not whatever they tell them to get. Trying my patience to the limit..idk if there is any recourse.

·
Administrator
26,673 Posts
Yes get money back find another dealer. My dealer placed the 2022 orders in June. They order all new yr model orders every June. But they are still behind cause as of last Saturday they finally received the last two commanders from their 2021 order. So everything they get in from this point forward will be 2022 models .

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
My dealer hasn't called or emailed me yet since putting in the order on Tuesday. Doesn't sound like a good sign, guess I'll be calling them tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put a deposit down in May..was told then It would
be a 2022 model and it would be ordered in September..didn't happen..was told Can am limited order and I would be up next in early October..got a call today and was told they are only allowing them to order a few 700's and a few non turbo mavericks a and a few defenders. Now the dealer is telling my it's probably gonna be March..what the F? If I put a deposit down in May they should be able to order my machine not whatever they tell them to get. Trying my patience to the limit..idk if there is any recourse.
I would advise calling other dealers to see if they have current orders in for what you’re looking for. The dealers are limited on what they are allowed to order and how many, depending on the specific dealership. Based on what I’ve seen on here I think some of the dealers are not being honest with some of you as to what they can actually do. They can’t just place any order they want from what I’ve been told by numerous dealers and seen from experiences on here and other forums.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just an update..Contacted another dealer and they have an XT-P coming in December..I put down a deposit so I have time to think if I want to step up to that All Black model for another $3k..I sure love the blue.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just an update..Contacted another dealer and they have an XT-P coming in December..I put down a deposit so I have time to think if I want to step up to that All Black model for another $3k..I sure love the blue.
You’ll like the smart lok front diff even more. . I also wanted a blue one but by the time I added the front diff , all the necessary parts , the LED headlights and a mirror (all standard equipment on the XTP) the XTP was $500 more. So for the extra $500 I got 30” rubber , bead lock wheels and fox qsc’s on all four corners. Kind of a no brainer really. The black and orange has definitely grown on me. No regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
You’ll like the smart lok front diff even more. . I also wanted a blue one but by the time I added the front diff , all the necessary parts , the LED headlights and a mirror (all standard equipment on the XTP) the XTP was $500 more. So for the extra $500 I got 30” rubber , bead lock wheels and fox qsc’s on all four corners. Kind of a no brainer really. The black and orange has definitely grown on me. No regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the insight! 🙂

21 - 40 of 45 Posts