Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a new 2022 can-am commander xt 1000R with three mirrors and tailgate extension.
now I wait.

Dealer told me to expect 3-4 months, is that about right? In SW Ontario.

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
That's about right anywhere . Dealers have to fill pre-ordered before they get any floor models .

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, I don't mind being patient. Might be able to test this out in the snow right off the bat

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
Only way to get one faster is to call all dealers on weekly to see if they have one on floor .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ordered a new 2022 can-am commander xt 1000R with three mirrors and tailgate extension.
now I wait.

Dealer told me to expect 3-4 months, is that about right? In SW Ontario.
My dad ordered his 2021 XTP in April when I got mine. His just showed up at the dealer YESTERDAY. Ordered from a dealer in southern Ontario. I think your dealer telling you 3-4 months is pretty optimistic. Lol. But hey… congrats on the new purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it's 3 months then I might have it in time for rifle week. If not, that's fine I'll be finding out how well it drives in the snow.
Ill eventually be getting a 72" plow to make rinks, but maybe next year

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered a 2022 Commander XT in August right after they were released and the dealer stated BRP was telling him 3 to 4 months but he said it would most likley be longer, my concern is that if it comes in in December or January I will loose have my warranty while the snow is on the ground and I'm snowmobiling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my 2022 commander max XTP the morning they were released, was given a timeline of “fourth quarter” of the year. I was told that last year the commanders were the first unit put through production. I did see that our regional distributors donated some sxs to the hurricane relief down south, and there were a couple 2022 commanders in that group, so I’m very hopeful that I’ll be riding in it before thanksgiving, but we will see.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered a 2022 Commander XT in August right after they were released and the dealer stated BRP was telling him 3 to 4 months but he said it would most likley be longer, my concern is that if it comes in in December or January I will loose have my warranty while the snow is on the ground and I'm snowmobiling.
that can't be true, can it? Does the warranty period not start when it's in your hands? Some customers have had to wait 6 months to get theirs. To have the warranty run out before the machine is even built & delivered sounds ludicrous.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I think he's saying that if he got the buggy in the middle of winter, it would just be sitting there unused, as he would be riding the snowmobile. The warranty period would just be ticking away, and he wouldn't be using the new buggy enough to see if issues would arise.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think he's saying that if he got the buggy in the middle of winter, it would just be sitting there unused, as he would be riding the snowmobile. The warranty period would just be ticking away, and he wouldn't be using the new buggy enough to see if issues would arise.
Yes, that was my concern.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So my dealer told me that they can't place the order with brp until 2nd week of October as that's when brp will accept new orders. By the 3rd week I should expect to know the delivery date.
My dealer did say about 3-4 months from deposit, so I hope that means 2-3 months from when brp gets the order. I'm looking at December / January I suppose.

Lots of time to collect accessories.

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
Lots of time to get your deposit back and go buy one that's in stock at different dealer . Was at my dealer Saturday they had two pre ordered and 2 for sale sitting on show room floor . So obviously brp is caught up on pre orders.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interesting. I would probably lose my deposit (only 1000CAD) but regardless I am patient enough to wait and see. It won't stop me from window shopping though.

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
Well down here it's just a deposit. They can't keep the deposit you ordered on their not holding it for you . We do it down here all the time . But rules down here maybe a little different. Everyone down here is doing it cause all the manufacturers are behind . So when they can't find one they go local order with deposit then if another dealer gets one in they move the deposit to the other dealer. Then pay the difference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
interesting. I'll keep an eye out - if my deposit is transferrable that's a nobrainer. I'd just have to work out the accessories I want - tailgate & all three mirrors. My dealer has them discounted if you order them at the same time as the machine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts