Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2013 commander 809r. I can only get it up to 43 mph and then acts like it hits a rev limiter. RPMS are at 8000 at 43 mph too which seems high. Took it to Can Am dealer to reprogram key but did not fix issue. Tech was going to do some research on it so we’ll see. Just thought I would put the issue on forum and see what anyone thinks. Machine gets up and goes but to me seams to be stuck in normal mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had key reprogrammed this morning and also changed both plugs. It also says sport mode and performance key on display. I will check on muffler tomorrow morning. What gets me is it’s got plenty of get up and go. That’s why I thing it’s maybe a computer issue. If I had a bad plug I would have half power but it sounds and feels quick and normal but just doesn’t go past 43 mph and at that speed it’s pegged @ 8000 rpms which according to the owners manual is the rev limiter.

·
Super Moderator
24,549 Posts
Well if your doing 8000 at 4300 on the rev limiter you either have it in low range or your clutch / belt is slipping really bad in high range . Which if it’s in high at those speeds and rpm you should be smelling the belt smoke .

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Ace there could be something wrong with the secondary so that it’s not doing a full shift . If it is only going half shift would explain 45mph . Maybe the helix is beat up from the clutch falling apart before ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brendon_ives
1 - 8 of 8 Posts