·
Registered
231 Posts
Thank you Sir

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the Video

Great Video I just got my one way bearings from Ed today and was going to install tomorrow. These forums are great for the Commander newbies like myself.
:partsin01:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Great Video I just got my one way bearings from Ed today and was going to install tomorrow. These forums are great for the Commander newbies like myself.
:partsin01:
I second that!!! I learn a lot from this forum.

·
Registered
152 Posts
how often should this be done to prevent bearing damage i just got a 15 xtp only got 60 miles on it now

·
Super Moderator
24,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With factory one way bearings I would say every 1000 or 100 hrs. With the seal bearings I'm think 3 x that. The bearings in the video had 2600 on them and they were in bad shape. The one was extremely hard to turn other was about half as hard.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the great video acefire. I was going to attempt this blindly but came across your video. I was worried about attempting this but after seeing how easy you made it look i wasnt stressing at all. Got it all finished in under 20 minutes. With videos from guys like you us DIY'ers get to save more money for beer and other goodies for our rides. Thanks again.

Much to my surprise mine was actually in very good shape and was still very well greased and had no signs of rust and i have over 6500 KM on my bike. Mostly dirt road running and not alot of mud or water.

·
Registered
152 Posts
thats fast it takes me 20 min to get all the plastic rivits out to remove the plastic lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
thats fast it takes me 20 min to get all the plastic rivits out to remove the plastic lol

I meant just the servicing of the bearing..haha. I already had it apart to check the belt and clutches. Those plastic rivets are the worst and the bottom bolts on the clutch cover are a PITA as well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
ok i feel a little better i just installed can am doors & the directions said allow 2 hours haha 4 hours later i had 1 door on . the 2nd one took 2 hr

·
Registered
12,735 Posts
Did you have to look for hiding tools when you were done . I always end up looking for hiding sockets or a missing wrench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
24,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Uatv-tech.com has the replacement bolts . Higher grade and you can reuse them as many times as you need.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts