Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I have an 11 with the straight cut gears in the rear diff. Between 25-30mph it begins to sound like a jet engine (or it did). The ws2 dulled that noise - it’s still loud but not as much and it’s not as piercing of a noise. Maybe a 10-15% reduction or so.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Maybe due to the fact I added it in at the 10 hr service and may not have really been broken in yet but shortly there after I DID notice the difference in noise level, my proof was the first stereo I installed DID NOT ROCK lol...and I could not even listen to it when driving the rig. Just my experience.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The addition of WS-2 should include using Red Line "HEAVY SHOCK DIFF & TRANNY FLUID"
Not to be used in Visco lock front diff.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The addition of WS-2 should include using Red Line "HEAVY SHOCK DIFF & TRANNY FLUID"
Not to be used in Visco lock front diff.
It can go in the front, the visco unit is sealed inside and does not share the diff oil.

·
Super Moderator
23,490 Posts
The visco fluid is separated from the gear oil . But not sure the clutch pack / friction disc’s are. Been a while sense I had one apart .

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
The last tranny I had gave up the ghost in my belief because of a hard life and “additives” as you call them. RIP. I loved you.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
The visco fluid is separated from the gear oil . But not sure the clutch pack / friction disc’s are. Been a while sense I had one apart .

The clutch PACs use your gear oil for lube .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts