Can-Am Commander Forum banner

881 - 900 of 900 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,522 Posts
K that's what I was confused about. Why do mod if your not having belt issues. Most do mod because of belt issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine was mostly a preventative mod so I did not experience belt issues that others have mentioned. Reading all of the information on the forum prompted me to do the mod.

I have only had the Commander for three months so still figuring things out. Also went with the low engagement spring to improve the low speed maneuvers.

Happy so far with all of the help and information provided in the forum.

·
Super Moderator
24,522 Posts
Troy used to do the mod for the Canadian customers. Maybe send him a pm and y’all real nice he may help you out. He can be a little grumpy from time time . So talk really nice !! Lol you can tell him I says that.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #888
Funny guy ace . We are trying to find some mav parts to build a turbo clutch setup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
It sounds like a pretty robust option. I’m looking to build my 14’ commander into something that is as bomb proof as possible

·
Super Moderator
24,522 Posts
Better than commander but not the mav turbo . But if it’s cheap better than what you got now.

·
Super Moderator
24,522 Posts
I got stm primary for 1500$ and will throw in the stm secondary for the cost of the shipping . It has 300 or less miles on it. Already tuned for 800 turbo with 30” rubber .

·
Super Moderator
24,522 Posts
If price isn’t a issue I would order a new mav turbo clutch . Unless you are want more low end .

·
Registered
7 Posts
No I’m not exactly looking for “more” of anything, all while not giving me less either. Just trying to built a robust machine that won’t leave me stranded in the bush. I do long hunting trips sometimes solo in remote locations. My old xmr 800 atv never left me stranded and I can’t say enough good things about it. But I’ve sold her and got a 14’ commander now due to my growing family. While not knowing her full life story I just tend to air on the side of caution. i have my limitations on price, but I generally like spending the money upfront rather than down the road at unwanted times.

·
Super Moderator
24,522 Posts
Get a mav turbo inner and the governor cup use your outer and you will be fine. Or just get the complete primary for the turbo. Far less issues out of good factory parts.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #900
I made my mav clutch into a turbo clutch. The movable on a mav clutch is much better than a commander one . The slider buttons slide on Aluminum on the mander clutch . The mav clutch the buttons slide on SS slide plates .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: acefire
881 - 900 of 900 Posts