Can-Am Commander Forum banner

861 - 880 of 900 Posts

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
The rust is a direct result on condensation, when you are done for the day and park your ride the moisture in the air, even on very low humidity days is attracted to the warm shaft, rule of nature and not much you can do about it.
It should not hurt anything and do not lube or oil it if you decide to remove the surface rust, the lube is easily transferred to the crank taper and you will have a "super Slipper clutch", Not good !

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
seansima, make a few more posts and you'll be able to PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,169 Posts

·
Registered
5,852 Posts

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #872
Hmmm good to see that my lockup mod is still bringing you customers ..

Power to the ground ---eh!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is there a video or instructional on the exact steps on removing and sending pieces needed to get the work done for this clutch mod..
I just can't go through all 86 pages .lol

What was the feedback from peeps that now have this done?
I'm sure it was great but always nice to hear it from others.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go to the uatv-tech.com site and click on the Tech Guide tab along the top. Once there, you will be able to watch videos on how to remove your belt and clutch.

Click on the Shipping tab and you will see exactly what parts to ship and how to ship the parts that Ed needs based upon the mods you are requesting.

I purchased the mod from Ed over the winter and have no complaints.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Go to the uatv-tech.com site and click on the Tech Guide tab along the top. Once there, you will be able to watch videos on how to remove your belt and clutch.

Click on the Shipping tab and you will see exactly what parts to ship and how to ship the parts that Ed needs based upon the mods you are requesting.

I purchased the mod from Ed over the winter and have no complaints.
THANKS
Still winter so want o get this done before it warms up
Did u go to the maverick belt with new setup?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I stayed with the factory belt and will probably just carry a factory belt for a spare. I only do technical riding and not interested in full-throttle acceleration or top end speed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Did you by chance change the stock bearings to sealed ones on the primary clutch while it was sent in or do they include this in the mod?

·
Super Moderator
24,522 Posts
So far I have not experienced any problems with the stock belt so not in a hurry to change to another option.

Will continue to do research though.

Ok kinda confused. You stayed with the factory belt do to all tech riding and no issues. So did you do the lockup mod???

861 - 880 of 900 Posts