Registered
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a fix for the primary
Is there a need , is there a problem
Yes
Why do people spend big bucks on a primary
More performance and better belt life
Brp knows there is a problem that's why on the mav's they have tryed different bolts ant slippery washers
On a commander any one that has bigger tires or sport low will benefit
The two pulley halfs don't pull at the same speed on heavy throttle because the short tapers in the clutch are slipping . With my fix they don't slip and the primary pulls like it should . My cvtech will be getting dusty on the shelf as my stock primary now out performs the cvtech . All the clutch kits in the world can't work 100% if the belt is not being pulled even on both sides . Slipping tapers mean that the belt is slipping on hard throttle , that gives you less performance and more belt heat . Who wants there primary to work like it should .

·
Registered
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been running a cvtech as I could not stop the OEM from slipping on hard throttle and the fix now makes the stocker out perform the cvtech hands down

·
Registered
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If there is any interest the mod will be going through bollax as he is way closer to you guys than me . He has a gift at explaining stuff and will be doing a write up as well . I'm better in the shop than on a key board . Do hold tight and bollax won't be to long before he gives a good enlightenment on it . As I said he is better on the key board

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would definitely be interested in this fix. Please keep us posted.

Matg

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
What you got? My stock has been collecting dust also.
What we are looking for is a vote of confidence to go ahead with the OEM clutch fix project and if those interested are willing to part with about $200.00 to have one.
Troy has worked hard to develop a fix and it is now up to Can Am Commander & Outlander guys to say yea or nea on going forward and bringing it to market.

·
Registered
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the mav guys . Don't forget them ed

·
Registered
174 Posts
If it works better then a new primary or a clutch kit, and is cheaper to boot I think they will sell like hot cakes. Please bring it to the masses.

Matt

·
Registered
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clutch kits can't work the way they were designed because the short tapers slip . No slip then the clutch kits you buy can do there job at full throttle with big tires or in the mud

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
And the mav guys . Don't forget them ed
The Mav guys for sure.
Here is the bottom line, and it unfortunately revolves around Cost and performance, and or cost VS performance.
I have heard the average Aftermarket primary both built from scratch and modified are in the +500.00 range and they are also purpose driven like the clutch kits, as in
tire size & weight specific.
The mod by Troy allows the OEM clutch to perform better than the aftermarket units now available and at a cost far below what is currently being charged.
In a nut shell your OEM clutch slips like previously posted, If you were to mark the inner and outer sheaves opposite one another and take her for a hard ride you would on inspection after the ride see that the marks no longer line up. this proves Troy's often made comment about the clutch as stock is a "SLIP" clutch and that is the main problem.
When there is no slip, more power is transferred to the ground, no belt slippage = less belt wear, way less heat is built up, and overall power band is greatly improved.
The kit guys try to get this by adding weights and ramp changes, but in reality the clutch if it worked as designed, would perform well through out the useful RPM range.
That clutch is soon to be a reality. Who is interested ?
Line starts at the left ,LOL

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Put me in for the first one please. I want serial number 00000001

How soon will the be available to ship?

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
No seriously Ed I want the first one!!!!!

Thanks Troy and Ed, I think you guys are really on to something big here.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
419 Posts
Heck, I'll give it a try but I'd rather not be the 1st one. lol

·
Registered
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
This don't change the clutch . It still can be tuned for what ever . It just stops the taper slip . Ed will chat with you guys as work is pulling me away this afternoon

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Ed, can you eloborate and little bit more on how you propose to do this? A little bit more info would be appreciated. Just want to get a little more comfortable but am very interested.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm in!

If your product can improve the performance of my OEM clutch for around $200, heck yeah I'm in! That's only 1 1/3 Maverick belt!!! LOL!!

1 - 20 of 884 Posts