Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I've got a new noise that happened a couple weeks ago that I'm trying to diagnose... I've got a thumping or thud noise coming out of the rear end during acceleration. Sounds like its a ujoint or in the diff but the joint's are good and tight. Any help would be great before I start tearing in :(

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
the 2011-and 2013 diffs will whine, mine did and got replaced, try greasing the u joint and see if that helps, i had a squeaky one

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Take a look at shock mount bolts etc, any anchor that could be loose and moving as well. Several guys have had that problem and it caused the hole to egg out that was supposed to be tight.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Rear sway bar bolts are another thing to look at back there they changed to 12mm bolts due to them breaking off

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its more of a knocking sound... Sounds like it could be in the gear box, u joints or rear end. Jacked the back tires up it starts making noise at 15 to 20 mph... I'm kind of puzzled right now. Probably going to drain oil out of gear box and diff and look for metal

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pulls just fine and rips around.. That's why I think its in the drive shaft...should the rear diff have some play?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts