Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Commander 1000. Initially the head lights would work in the key on position but go off when the Commander started. We were at an event, so I pulled the light switch out of the dash, and it had power at a number of terminals, so I created a short jumper just to get headlights for the night. I had headlights momentarily, but then it wouldn't turn over. The fuel pump works, but no power to the dash and the starter won't turn over. I have switched some of the relays, but I don't see anything change. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It’s a great place for info and help. Those in the know will chime in soon. Good luck. Boog.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Boog,

I have checked the orientation of all relays as mentioned in another thread. I can hear relays clicking, fuel pump running, etc. Most obvious is that no dash function at all.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I assume that jumping across the headlight switch I may have blown a fuse, but if it did, I can't find it, and headlights still work in the "key on" position (but not run).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I even licked the key...:)

Checked all the fuses "again" and replaced with spares.....blown 10 amp speedometer fuse.....at least it was easy.

·
Super Moderator
24,909 Posts
If it starts plug cluster back in while running . If it dies I would say you got bad cluster.

·
Super Moderator
24,909 Posts
Cluster either bad or ecm for some reason no longer recognizes it. Which will take the dealers computer to check to see which it is.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thanks acefire!

It was the 10 amp speedometer/cluster fuse....I'm sure we looked at it at least twice...then looked at it without a beer in my hand....:)
Why would you look at something without a beer in your hand? If you'd have had a beer in each hand, you would have found it the first time.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Thanks acefire!

It was the 10 amp speedometer/cluster fuse....I'm sure we looked at it at least twice...then looked at it without a beer in my hand....:)
Why would you look at something without a beer in your hand? If you'd have had a beer in each hand, you would have found it the first time.

Things always look better with beer goggles: fuses, that creek you're about to cross, women. . .

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Reactions: slowindown
1 - 12 of 12 Posts