Can-Am Commander Forum banner

no power

16K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  acefire 
#1 ·
As said in the tiltle I have absolutely no power to console or anywere for that matter. A little back ground.... I have just replaced the motor to a brand new crate motor, and believe all connections are connected. I have power at the battery(12.34v) and it is chaging now, but I did put the battery charger on start and still had zero power, but charging battery anyway. I have 12.34v at the starter solenoid. but no power to any of the fuse panels. all fuses check out a ok. this machine had power when I disconnected the power a few months back, so I don't understand why just hooking up the battery didn't work. this project has been a real pia but worth it, just always something waiting to throw a wrench at you when you figure out the last problem.....wham , you get a new one. thanks for the help fellas, and I am sure it is simple.

#2 ·
you have a good ground?

#3 ·
I would assume that the ground that I removed from the motor side of the rear cylinder would have been the only ground I had removed. It will be checked right away, but I looked at it yesterday. maybe move it to the hole right below were I have it attached now. thanks for the input .

#5 ·
There are a gang of wires coming off the key switch to power up several different items in the system. Wondering if switch has gone bad.

==================

Learn from my mistakes it's cheaper on your wallet!!!

I have done so much for so long with so little I am now qualified to do everything with nothing!!!

This is for everyone out there in Commander Land. You don't have to hang with the big dogs you just have to watch them play!!!

Poor men have poor ways!!!

When in doubt gas it you got to make it or break it.

#7 ·
The schematic shows fuse panel 2 to be fed by a red 10 guage wire from a terminal on the starter solenoid. That terminal is first fed directly from battery positive. One side of panel 2 should be hot at all times if connected properly.

#8 ·
I do believe both wires are connected at the battery. and I do have have power to fuse panel 2 and my 40amp main fuse. but still no power to dash and no start. this has got to be something really simple. as I said the machine has had nothing done to it other than having old motor out and new motor in. all that was done was unbolting the battery before disassembly.

#10 ·
yapster, you are an evil genius. all the monkeying around had the ignition harness twisted out. plug it in and highho silver. got my bike back. thanks fellas for all the help. I checked everything that was brought up and finally the last tip was the winner.

cheers boys,

im going riding.

nomad.

#13 ·
Glad to hear your up and running

#14 ·
Twice to day my bike had no power after turning switch on hit starter and everything went off. Key off and back on wait about two or so minutes turning key off and on and finally everything lights up and it works fine. I have a cb pushed down In where the factory radio goes. Could it be hitting something on the switch and messing it up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.