Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn the key to the first position my lights and dash lights will not come on. I get no aux power to any of my other accesories. If I turn my key to the second stage of the key switch my aux power, dash lights all work except my head lights. What gives?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
If that doesn’t fix it there’s also a headlight relay. See links:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks slowindown. Im almost certain that it is the relay. When I put it in the lights on position the engine light started coming on and when its in the run position the light goes out.

·
Super Moderator
23,509 Posts
You should be able to pull the relay. Take a test light and with key on in light position make one of the contacts light up when turning from off to light on position or from light off to light on. If nothing changes from lights to key off then the switch is bad . If one of them light up then relay is bad.

You should have more than one 4 post relay in the fuse box. Switch it out with one of the others and see if lights come on .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You should be able to pull the relay. Take a test light and with key on in light position make one of the contacts light up when turning from off to light on position or from light off to light on. If nothing changes from lights to key off then the switch is bad . If one of them light up then relay is bad.

You should have more than one 4 post relay in the fuse box. Switch it out with one of the others and see if lights come on .
Thats a good idea. Try that tonight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took the relay out from the pump. Its the same as the lights and tried that. Worked perfect. Thanks fellas for the help. I got extended warranty on it but it has a $50 deductible. Paid 10 for the relay so I saved 40 overall. This is the best site for commander knowledge....

·
Registered
12,672 Posts
This is the best site for Commander knowledge....
Hmmm. I must be reading the wrong post.
Hmmmm
I didn’t know that you could read . I thought momma Boggerhead read to you . That’s why as soon as your not at home you are not on the forum .
Guess I was wrong about you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts