Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’m a hillbilly mechanic from KY,been Harley mechanic mos of my time!Friend of mine needed a countershaft put in among other things! Other things were start button and key switch we thought. I got everything back together and nothing,fuel pump will run,have juice on hot side solenoid,but that’s it! New relays,this country boy is out of ideas! Does anybody have an idea where to look,a diagram,I got manual on cd! I’ll PayPal someone $50 help me start this ! And appreciate any help lol ! Thanks, Jeff

· Registered
4 Posts
Where would that be located,I don’t know if I wrote it I was kinda aggravated with the thing,lol fuel pump run,but only way to get starter to turn is just a hot wire from bat! Where do I look for the fusible link ! Sorry to be so dumb about these things! Jeff

· Administrator
27,739 Posts
Did you have the ecm unhooked from the harness? If so pop it back apart and check the pins on the ecm make sure nothing bent or corrosion is present. And check all the grounds. The ecm has to ground before it will send power to the starter. It's a screwed up system but that's how the starter grounds. Everything thing else on the machine is working correct? You have two fuse boxes. One beside battery that's labeled. And one above it which has the main power fuses. Easily over looked do to wires it's at and all black no label.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

· Administrator
27,739 Posts
Brake Switch only stops you from starting it in gear. And it stops the engine from turning over. Doesn't kill the spark. If you have power to the coil and no spark it maybe the coil. If no power to the coil then I would start chasing wires. Is check engine light staying on?. Crank position sensor will stop the coil from firing as well.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

· Registered
60 Posts
Check your Owner's manual for fuse and fusible link locations. If you do not have a hardcopy of manual they are free download on-line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts