Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Can Am Commander 800
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Commander 800r. I searched and there are older threads but I don’t see a direct answer. I am looking for a direct mount plow that I don’t have to drill the frame to mount. I would think at this point they are out there but I just don’t know the model I should buy since there are so many available. thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The Can Am Alpine Flex plow did not require any drilling into the frame. The plow mount mounted flush underneath and did not hang down. Nice system which is what I run. Downside they were very expensive and I do not believe BRP sells or makes them any more. I do still see used ones that come up every now and then. The Alpine Flex plow is a great plow in my experience with it.

BRP now sells a different version called the Promount. It appears that the mounting plate is similar to the previous version of the alpine flex plow in that it is flush mount. I’m guessing you probably would not be required to drill holes in the frame for a BRP version plow but be prepared to pay extra.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
The Can Am Alpine Flex plow did not require any drilling into the frame. The plow mount mounted flush underneath and did not hang down. Nice system which is what I run. Downside they were very expensive and I do not believe BRP sells or makes them any more. I do still see used ones that come up every now and then. The Alpine Flex plow is a great plow in my experience with it.

BRP now sells a different version called the Promount. It appears that the mounting plate is similar to the previous version of the alpine flex plow in that it is flush mount. I’m guessing you probably would not be required to drill holes in the frame for a BRP version plow but be prepared to pay extra.
Alpine flex plow is badass in my opinion. I didn’t know they they weren’t making it anymore. I’m guessing any plow not machine specific would require some drilling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a KFI plow, the mount plate attached to frame with 6 bolts and no drilling into frame. Just need bendy hands and small wrenches to get into all the tight spots. I did learn this year that i should take the plate off before heading into the trails as i had to get some welding work done after banging it into rocks

·
Registered
140 Posts
The plate for the BRP plows does not need to come off which is a huge benefit. They sit completely flush underneath with nothing hanging below the bike that would cause you issues when trail riding. Your only other decision will be whether you want to go with a poly or steel blade. I have had both, nothing wrong with either however my preference is poly.
Tire Sky Snow Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
My plate is flush as well, only has tabs that stick out front about 2” for pins to go through. Tabs on one side got bent when my buddy took it up mountain View attachment 67130
The BRP mount doesn’t have “tabs” hanging down. There are rods sticking side ways. Easy on easy off, never getting under the machine to mount/dismount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
2015 Commander 800r. I searched and there are older threads but I don’t see a direct answer. I am looking for a direct mount plow that I don’t have to drill the frame to mount. I would think at this point they are out there but I just don’t know the model I should buy since there are so many available. thanks for the suggestions.
i bought a Kolpin plow and mount kit through a can and dealer for my 2013 Commander 1000, no drilling required.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts