Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Can't wait till till Oct. to get my X......Barbara :)
Barbara
I just got back last night from ST. Anthony Dunes they are having test rides (yester day and today ) there and I took 4 rides one in the std. one in the XT and one in the X and one with a kid I didn't know and he went balls out just to find out what it was like to be a passinger, and I felt safer in the Commander than I did in the 1000 Artic Cat. We tried to roll it side hilling but it is stable as a rock. I tried to get the X to bottom out at the base of a dune but all I did is bottom out my back on the G force, I could get the XT to bottom but it was set on the lowest setting I think if it was set up a notch or two I don't think it would do that.
If you are close to where they are going to hold the dune fest on the Oregon Coast this year they are going to be there to let people test drive them at dune fest. I just drove 800mi round trip to test them out and Iam glad I did it was FUN!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get one myself.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Can't wait till till Oct. to get my X......Barbara :)
Barbara
I just got back last night from ST. Anthony Dunes they are having test rides (yester day and today ) there and I took 4 rides one in the std. one in the XT and one in the X and one with a kid I didn't know and he went balls out just to find out what it was like to be a passinger, and I felt safer in the Commander than I did in the 1000 Artic Cat. We tried to roll it side hilling but it is stable as a rock. I tried to get the X to bottom out at the base of a dune but all I did is bottom out my back on the G force, I could get the XT to bottom but it was set on the lowest setting I think if it was set up a notch or two I don't think it would do that.
If you are close to where they are going to hold the dune fest on the Oregon Coast this year they are going to be there to let people test drive them at dune fest. I just drove 800mi round trip to test them out and Iam glad I did it was FUN!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get one myself.
Now I'm more stoked then ever...we help out at dunefest...I hope on Tuesday (of dunefest) that i will get a chance to test drive what i bought.....:D :D...Barbara

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Barbara

The Can-Am Crew Chief told me that they were headed back home (Minn.) and that there next destination is Oregon Dune fest . It is on the BRP. web site it looks like they are going tobe at Winchester Bay the 4th of AUG. to the 8th of AUG you should go on to the site and register on the site so you know that you have a time, because there will be alot of people that will want to ride them. Good luck.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Barbara

The Can-Am Crew Chief told me that they were headed back home (Minn.) and that there next destination is Oregon Dune fest . It is on the BRP. web site it looks like they are going tobe at Winchester Bay the 4th of AUG. to the 8th of AUG you should go on to the site and register on the site so you know that you have a time, because there will be alot of people that will want to ride them. Good luck.
Thanks for the info....:) just signed my husband and I up to test drive down at Dunefest....:) :D....Barbara

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was at the demo days in St Anthony as well. This was a great opportunity to try them out in the environment that we typically ride (Dunes). The 1000 models certainly have some power to the wheels. The stock 1000 model actually spins the tires to much and resulted in wheel hop. The X model did not wheel hop, I believe it was due to the different wheel and tire combo on the X. The X model Fox suspension setup was quite a bit more stiff than the others. The only thing I noticed that was a bit of concern was the heat generated in the cockpit of these units. The X had a half windshield and it was even hotter in that model. The heat could be because these things where pretty much hot lapped all day long in the sand but it was hot enough to be a concern.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts