Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! We're brand new to sxs riding. Is it normal for the cab (specifically in the leg area) to be extremely hot? Is there something we can do to dispell some of the heat? We won't want to ride when it gets much warmer here in northern PA.

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
You bought a 2021 model. So the heat you feel is minimal. They moved motor and gearbox to rear. Previous models front head and the front exhaust pipe was at your knee sitting I'm the seat. So only heat you are getting is from the radiator. Which will be the same on all the models with rear engine. Only way to stop that heat is to move the radiator to the rear . Which most don't do. Us old commander owners removed all the plastic panels and installed heat and sound suppression tape to help but it only made it more tolerable. So not sure what you can do other than remove the hood so the some of the heat gets sucked out. But haven't been close enough to know I'd you have a removable hood. The made a aftermarket hood with wire mesh in it to allow the heat to escape for the older one. But the air filter box was up front on them right behind the radiator. I personally just didn't ride after it hit 95⁰. And once it got over 80⁰ I had to wear jeans no shorts cause the radiated heat from engine and exhaust would burn my knee being it rested on the plastic at the front head.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. I appreciate the info! We thought with the motor and gearbox in the back that it wouldn't be as warm. We have installed a full windshield since this pic. I'm wondering if using a half windshield in the summer would help at all?

I don't believe we can remove the hood. The air filter box is on the side right behind the driver seat.

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
Ok. I appreciate the info! We thought with the motor and gearbox in the back that it wouldn't be as warm. We have installed a full windshield since this pic. I'm wondering if using a half windshield in the summer would help at all?

I don't believe we can remove the hood. The air filter box is on the side right behind the driver seat.
View attachment 66699
We remove windshield in summer. Unless calling for rain high chance of rain. If that part of hood is removable someone will be making a after market one soon with wire mesh to let heat out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts

View attachment 66699
I also have a 2021 commander , the air filter “box” is on the passenger side. Not the drivers side. The CVT air intake is on the drivers side. Not sure what heat your feeling? Mine has zero heat in the cab. Even the back wall between the seats is cool to the touch when riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts