Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Ltd, the ACS only changes ride height 1 inch front and rear between settings 1 and 6. The compressor only runs when higher setting selected. I can inflate tires with the auxiliary hose. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a 14 with the acs and i had one of the air lines get a hole in it.
the pump would run when you were on the higher settings to try to fill the lines but once it shut off it leaked back out and did not run again unless I changed the number setting again. Try setting it to 6 letting it fill up then shut the commander off and listen for air leaks. Possibly get a bottle of soapy water and spray the lines checking for bubbles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an update on my issue, thanks everyone for their welcome and troubleshooting suggestions. So I checked all the lines with soapy water, couldn’t find a leak. Tried it in manual and got full travel but the back dropped below 7 inches. I suspected weak springs and a bad SCM as I have ridden some deep water. I ordered a set of RacerTech springs, and just installed them. I now have close to full travel. The commander has been sitting in a heated garage, will update next spring when the creeks thaw, and see if the Issue comes back. Going to put some dielectric grease on the SCM plug, just in case
Haven’t gone for a ride yet to try out the RacerTech springs but I hope they are as good as everyone says.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I have an update on my issue, thanks everyone for their welcome and troubleshooting suggestions. So I checked all the lines with soapy water, couldn’t find a leak. Tried it in manual and got full travel but the back dropped below 7 inches. I suspected weak springs and a bad SCM as I have ridden some deep water. I ordered a set of RacerTech springs, and just installed them. I now have close to full travel. The commander has been sitting in a heated garage, will update next spring when the creeks thaw, and see if the Issue comes back. Going to put some dielectric grease on the SCM plug, just in case
Haven’t gone for a ride yet to try out the RacerTech springs but I hope they are as good as everyone says.
Well, freaking eggs and bacon! Let us know how it turns out so it can be passed on!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

Have your dealer turn off the ACS in your ECU, otherwise it'll freak out that it can't air up your new RacerTech shocks.

Good choice on swapping over ;)

-Kris

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2015 Ltd, the ACS only changes ride height 1 inch front and rear between settings 1 and 6. The compressor only runs when higher setting selected. I can inflate tires with the auxiliary hose. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting. Thanks in advance.
Welcome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts