Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When installing new tie rods and ends do you leave half of the threads on each end for adjustment, or inner all the way in then adjust all at the outer? I'm getting ready to install some tonight or tomorrow and I'd like to make it easy on myself and do it right the first time.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.....also, who has the quick ratio steering? Is it better in trail conditions, speed, crawling? I bought one for a spare, last year, and now I don't remember why I went with quick ratio. Just wondering in what situations it tends to excel.

·
Super Moderator
24,129 Posts
Depends on the inner joints . If they are ball socket joints like factory they go pretty much all the way in. Then you just spine the rod and the ball and it adjusts the outer in it out .

·
Super Moderator
24,129 Posts
1/8” in for stability and handling . Zero for best tire wear . And 1/8” for faster turning in tight woods . But out also causes road walking at higher speeds and if you try to correct the road walk you will only make it worse . You pretty much just hold it straight and let it walk back and forth .

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took Deuce Lee for a quick rip before taking her apart this evening. Can't wait to do some riding this summer and fall. Unfortunately, I'm about to head out to work for 10 weeks. Poor dog will be more butthurt than I will.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got it all done, and was able to go for a few good tips. Hit a pretty gnarly trail close to home. A few winch out jobs, a ton of mud, steep wet hills, and some rotten snow and ice. It was a great ride. Even got through some spots that my buddy couldn't in his Ranger 6x6. Ha!!
Apparently my clamp to the dash job, while doing the alignment, was sub-par. She rolls straight,
20200507_204707.jpg
but the wheel is off. I'll fix it when I get back home at the end of July.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts