Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
We have been asked several times if we had any type of doors for the Commander.
I've been wanting something myself but didn't really want to go with metal.

Here's something I put together that is intended for the minimalist that just wants some protection from wind,snow and mud and is easy to install or remove on the trail.

They are designed to work with the factory side nets and latch system without extra hardware except a few snaps on the rear edge.

I have tested them up to 65 mph and they stay in place without flapping.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I like them, no drilling, how do they trailer?

Can you match the Camo for a 2012 ?

I would like to volunteer for field testing and a revieW for the forum!��

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Hi all,
We have been asked several times if we had any type of doors for the Commander.
I've been wanting something myself but didn't really want to go with metal.

Here's something I put together that is intended for the minimalist that just wants some protection from wind,snow and mud and is easy to install or remove on the trail.

They are designed to work with the factory side nets and latch system without extra hardware except a few snaps on the rear edge.

I have tested them up to 65 mph and they stay in place without flapping.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Mike
They look good, Go for it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks,
There is some drilling for the 5 snaps on each side, but we have devised a way to easily transfer the location for these. I've looked at other means, but this seems to be the easiest and most secure method of attachment. And trailering at any speed should not bother them at all.

On the camo, we have been looking for years for a decent match to the stock stuff. Around here, anything in camo, including a wedding dress, would sell like hot cakes! What we found turned out to be lighter fabric and faded very quickly, supposed to be for "outdoor use"???, so we won't sell it.

Your unselfish valour and bravery to test a new design is commendable, I will have to discuss that with the Boss!! LOL

Mike

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks,
There is some drilling for the 5 snaps on each side, but we have devised a way to easily transfer the location for these. I've looked at other means, but this seems to be the easiest and most secure method of attachment. And trailering at any speed should not bother them at all.

On the camo, we have been looking for years for a decent match to the stock stuff. Around here, anything in camo, including a wedding dress, would sell like hot cakes! What we found turned out to be lighter fabric and faded very quickly, supposed to be for "outdoor use"???, so we won't sell it.

Your unselfish valour and bravery to test a new design is commendable, I will have to discuss that with the Boss!! LOL

Mike

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you,
We were waiting a bit to see if there was any interest in these so we would know how much materials to order.
Looks like we could have some ready by the end of next week.
Price would be around $180 a pair including shipping.

Let us know if you are interested and we can get them on our website or call 208-682-2498
email [email protected]

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally thawed out enough to take a test drive in the mud.
Doors did a good job of keeping us clean, also felt quite a bit warmer without the draft from the sides.
We put a fiberglass rod in them diagonally to support the lower corner, which was going to cause oversize shipping charges.
I found some tubing to make a joint in the rod so it will fit in our standard box.
Also did a test to see if they would recover from being folded, which they did fine.
We have a pair ready to go if anyone's interested.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have a back window panel but have not looked into making sides. The one Kidder got looks the best of any I've seen, and by far the best price. Sounds like they will be making more.

Thanks for asking,
Mike

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We have sold all that we had made, but will have more by the end of this week.
Price is $180.00 a pair including shipping in the U.S.
They may be ordered on our website or call direct at 208-682-2498
Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
384 Posts
I might be interested in a set for a Mander Max........

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I might be interested in a set for a Mander Max........
I think the front doors would fit, but the rear looks like a different pattern. We would have get a hold of a local machine to make sure. Stay tuned. We'll see what we can do.

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts