Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wouldnt get to excited I hear Polaris is coming out with rzrs with new chassis and engines ... end of July ....

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thats OK, 2 different type of cars....RZR wont haul the groceries....lol.....Barbara

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thats OK, 2 different type of cars....RZR wont haul the groceries....lol.....Barbara

I put a deposit (refundable) on a 1000x, hate to say it but if polaris makes a new rig same style as old rzr with bigger motor i will be more than happy to stick with a rzr.

I dont need groceries in the woods at 55mph :)

·
Registered
308 Posts

I put a deposit (refundable) on a 1000x, hate to say it but if polaris makes a new rig same style as old rzr with bigger motor i will be more than happy to stick with a rzr.

I dont need groceries in the woods at 55mph :)
To each there own...that's whay we have several companies building SxS's....They each have their good and bad points....:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
The RZR pep's come over here to talk about RZR chit and the Can-am pep's go to the RZR forum to talk about the commandeer :p :eek: :p LOL

·
Registered
250 Posts
Im going to call B.S. on this one.I dont think polaris is going to do anything this soon.can-am is no threat to sales of the rzr with 5 units per dealer this year.With not many dealers going to sell the commander...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Im going to call B.S. on this one.I dont think polaris is going to do anything this soon.can-am is no threat to sales of the rzr with 5 units per dealer this year.With not many dealers going to sell the commander...
THATS for dang sure. Its going to take a long while before the Commander takes hold at that rate, I think they are letting them out slow so they can keep the price up on the Commander.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The RZR pep's come over here to talk about RZR chit and the Can-am pep's go to the RZR forum to talk about the commandeer :p :eek: :p LOL
LOL.. ya thats funny!

THATS for dang sure. Its going to take a long while before the Commander takes hold at that rate, I think they are letting them out slow so they can keep the price up on the Commander.
I don't think Polaris was waiting for can am. I think they have had new models and engines in the works. even if Can Am didn't release the commander Polaris would get lots of sales and people upgrading to a new RZR with a bigger engine.

There is a new RZR-SS for sure.Will see it the end of July.And they will build them to supply the demand.
I predicted a RZR-SS super sport a long time ago too! it only makes sense that they would take that step.

Some of these rumors are coming from reliable sources... and too many to all be false.
We will see soon!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am excited to see this. I currently have the Commander X on order but I will have to order the new Polaris too. Gotta try them out and see how they compare!

I agree with Tuf-skin, Polaris had already been working on a new rzr. I have known about it for a few months. My dealer mentioned that his rep said that he needs to be at the show in July that there is something new in the rzr line.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It really doesn't matter what Polaris comes out with.....if they continue with their TERRIBLE fit and finish and miserable customer service. The current line of razors just exude shoddyness when you sit in them. From the craptastic motor that sounds like someone dropped a set of ball bearings under the valve covers, to having a half a dash with mechanicals showing down to the "automotive" fasteners on a gumby frame. 4 years without an intake track that wont suck dust to still not fixing the gas tank protection and popping axles. I was stoked about the RZR-s looking at them online...then I went to drive one. No way I could throw down 14k on something that looked and felt so chincy and half baked up close. The Rhino's and Teryx's right next to them had 10x the fit and finish the poolaris had. The Commander seems to take that to an even new level, everything about it seems supremely planned out and executed. The ONLY thing I wish it had was a locking front diff. Until Polaris steps up their products to at least appear to be quality they wont be on my buy list. Their quality looks A LOT closer to the chinese clone crap than they do to the big 4 and can am, from their quads all the way down to their side by sides..

·
Registered
259 Posts
It really doesn't matter what Polaris comes out with.....if they continue with their TERRIBLE fit and finish and miserable customer service. The current line of razors just exude shoddyness when you sit in them. From the craptastic motor that sounds like someone dropped a set of ball bearings under the valve covers, to having a half a dash with mechanicals showing down to the "automotive" fasteners on a gumby frame. 4 years without an intake track that wont suck dust to still not fixing the gas tank protection and popping axles. I was stoked about the RZR-s looking at them online...then I went to drive one. No way I could throw down 14k on something that looked and felt so chincy and half baked up close. The Rhino's and Teryx's right next to them had 10x the fit and finish the poolaris had. The Commander seems to take that to an even new level, everything about it seems supremely planned out and executed. The ONLY thing I wish it had was a locking front diff. Until Polaris steps up their products to at least appear to be quality they wont be on my buy list. Their quality looks A LOT closer to the chinese clone crap than they do to the big 4 and can am, from their quads all the way down to their side by sides..
Dude, don't hold back,,, tell us how you really feel.... LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
I allso have no dout polaris will come out with a new rzr. But the only bad thing it will still be a polaris that seems to be their problem they rush machines to the market to quickly.And without actualy seeing a new commander yet i will august at rock run it will not match the commanders features or quality the devil is in the detail and the commander has it in spaids!!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I dont think a rzr would stay together with any more power.I drove one 3 weeks ago,front diff broke,trans had to be slammed in gear to engage,belt slipped,etc etc. all that with 900 miles and stock tires.
But if I go on the rzr forum they say can-am is junk and allways getting pulled to the trailer.
I have 3k miles on my can-am and I trust it to take me anywhere.I hope my commander will treat me good also.........

·
Registered
259 Posts
I dont think a rzr would stay together with any more power.I drove one 3 weeks ago,front diff broke,trans had to be slammed in gear to engage,belt slipped,etc etc. all that with 900 miles and stock tires.
But if I go on the rzr forum they say can-am is junk and allways getting pulled to the trailer.
I have 3k miles on my can-am and I trust it to take me anywhere.I hope my commander will treat me good also.........
I think you get that with any brand... there will always be people that think one brand breaks down more than another, or that a certain brand is not built well... while others will not have any problems at all with the same brand.

I have 4000 miles on my RZR-S, 3600 of them with a turbo pushing about 100HP at the crank... no problems.

I cerntainly would not let the brand name stop me from buying a cool side x side. If the Commander has the features you want, give it a try and have fun with it. If Polaris comes out with a side x side that fits your needs better then go that route. I think either way you will be happy.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts