Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am new to this forum and a first time owner of a commander. I bought a 2011 Commander 1000 XT...LOVE IT! I already took it to Four Peaks, AZ with my daughter....had a blast!

I do have a question for anyone; the gas pedal seems rather firm...it this normal or is there a way to adjust this? I am not saying it sticks but rather it takes some leg muscle to push the gas (please don't asked me to workout my legs :) ....yes, they look like two toothpicks but they get me around.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hi all!

I am new to this forum and a first time owner of a commander. I bought a 2011 Commander 1000 XT...LOVE IT! I already took it to Four Peaks, AZ with my daughter....had a blast!

I do have a question for anyone; the gas pedal seems rather firm...it this normal or is there a way to adjust this? I am not saying it sticks but rather it takes some leg muscle to push the gas (please don't asked me to workout my legs :) ....yes, they look like two toothpicks but they get me around.
Welcome, I would recommend cleaning your throttle assembly well and put some good lube (WD40) on the spring and hinge assembly. FYI, Commander uses a fly by wire set up, no cable. Mine operates very easy and does not require any effort to speak of. I suspect the spring and hinge may just have some crude or rust causing this issue. Good luck and enjoy your Commander!:icon_wink:

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
Welcome aboard!! X2 on the cleaning.

==================

Learn from my mistakes it's cheaper on your wallet!!!

When in doubt gas it you got to make it or break it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for the warn welcome!

One last question for this thread, and you'd think I would be able to figure this out being a software developer, however, where do I change my profile photo :) ?

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
User control panel

==================

·
Registered
223 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You may want to go over your machine and make a few quick changes that will help you in the long run. (u joints grease,fluid changes,check belt) Can Am are excellent machines but preventive maintenance is the best way to get to know your machine.

The knowledge here is overwhelming. Just click the SEARCH button and you will almost always find a selection of threads for reading.

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You may want to go over your machine and make a few quick changes that will help you in the long run. (u joints grease,fluid changes,check belt) Can Am are excellent machines but preventive maintenance is the best way to get to know your machine.

The knowledge here is overwhelming. Just click the SEARCH button and you will almost always find a selection of threads for reading.
What search button you hitting???? Lol mine brings up everything but what I search for. Please share your secret.

==================

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
223 Posts

What search button you hitting???? Lol mine brings up everything but what I search for. Please share your secret.

==================

I will admit that I have to be creative sometimes when searching. ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning guys and gals from NM, I just ordered my first side-by-side, 2015 Can-am commander 800r the base model. My question, how difficult will this machine be to steer without power steering? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
If it's rolling not bad at all. Sitting still can be rough. Aftermarket power steering is worth the cash but not a must.

==================

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
Congrats on the new buggy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new ride. If you do any riding it tight areas then power steering is worth the money. I don't have it but my next machine will definitely have it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts