Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone .... I saw this forum and thought it might be another good source to learn as much as possible about the upcoming Can Am side x side as well as share any info i learn along the way with others .
Here is something i learned a couple months back ..... I was thumbing through the Dec / Jan 09' issue of the UTV Off-Road Magazine when something caught my eye . A manufacturers ad for After Market long travel suspension's listed the name Can Am along with Big Red , and Ranger as up coming kits . Yes ... I called them ( FST Motorsports ) as fast as i could to find out more ! I spoke with the owner , Torry Porter and he explained to me that he had been contacted by Can Am and given stock suspension specs so he could tool up for his own design of a long travel kit to offer the public . He didnt have ( or wouldnt / couldnt give ) any other info as to what they would look like , etc ... What he DID say that caught me WAY off guard was that he wasnt producing one long travel kit but TWO kits .... one for a Utility based Can Am side x side and one for a PREFORMANCE based Can Am side x side .
Now im drooling even more for Can Am to produce , bring to market a REAL side x side or two , that most of us want very much . I was hoping , along with everyone else , to see , hear , or read more on the Can Am's , but nothing in the last few months , so i guess its time to do some more digging . Look forward to hearing , sharing more with everyone .... until then take care , be safe ..... Bob

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi Bob, Welcome to the site! Thats cool to see Can-Am reach out to vendors to start working on products. Hopefully they believe that if they can get a lot of aftermarket support the Side-X-Side will really take off. Let us know if you hear anything else!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts