Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Eastern Ontario. We have ordered a '22 XT-P and it looks like dealer has one coming unspoken for, so I called at the right time, might see it before x-mas.
Was a dirt biker, (and many other forms of motorcycling), for almost 50 years before having a very bad accident three years ago. So, no longer able to ride two wheels we got a Honda Pioneer 520 which arrived this past January. Have had a blast with it and it's an amazing machine, but unfortunately my right leg is not mobile enough for the shorter distance to the throttle and I was getting very tired after a day of riding. We went riding with friends a short while ago who have a '17 Commander XT and I sat in it, well that's all it took, lol. I have always been a CanAm fan, plus it's Canadian. I also own a very rare CanAm 250GP roadracer. Was going to order the XT but then decided wth, might as well get the XT-P. Really looking forward to getting it. Good to read that the other owners here seem very happy with it.
Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I cancelled my XT-P order. After being around a new Commander XT for a day, I was able to get in and out of it a few times and it’s just too difficult for me with my limited leg mobility. It was a tough decision. But it was confirmed yesterday when we went on a ride and a brand new -P was there. He let me try his and it was even harder to get into. He also stated that he wished he got an XT as he found the -P really stiff.
A couple of weeks ago I was able to try out a ‘21 Yamaha RMAX2 1000 and it was so much easier to get in and out of, so have that on order now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts