Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
POSTED ON OTHER FORUMS ARE PICTURES OF A PRETY NICE LOOKING JOHNDEER UTV. SOME ARE SAYING ITS BUILT BY CANAM BUT TO ME IT LOOKS MORE LIKE A TERYX!!! GOOGLE JOHNDEER SPORT UTV. LETS HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS.:confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think some people are saying this because of the earlier alliance when canam built their quads thats what iam, figuring!!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
It could be built by either one because they use Kawie engines in a lot of there machines, but the Can - Am tractser is there atv, so it could be either one. The front looks some what like both of them, but with the roll bar and the head lights to me it looks more like the new Trex. We may find out if it makes there line up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are right ditchdigger they have been using kawasaki motors in there gator and xuv line for quite some time,however to me it looks more like a teryx style chassis to me but i allso read where the new 825 i is powered by a3 cyl. Cherry wich i believe is a chinese made motor i wonder how all those jd. Fans will like that!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Here is a little atv history between brp and JD. I spent way too much time studying this jd/brp relationship. But it was interesting.

When BRP sold a good proportion of it's shares to a busines in New-york, usa, and later changed names to can-am.

They decided to discontinue the BRP traxter & quest atv line. The reasons they gave were that the Traxter & Quest were "too reliable" and resales were low.

BRP still had a-lot of traxter & quest parts in stock. Therefore they struck a deal with John Deere.

..and so the JD Buck and TrailBuck were born. Identical to the traxter & quest except for a paint job.

Lower sales prices as well over the old brp MSRP.

The JD gator 850D is made by JD. Yanmar diesel engine.

The JD gator 624 is mostly Kawasaki components. Except for the frame.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts