Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new guy here. I bought a 2013 1000x about a year ago and love it... except for the heat and that transmission screaming in my ear. I'm in the process of addressing those problems when I have some spare time.

My question is about replacing the driveshafts. The previous owner must not have known about the grease fittings on the u-joints because they were sloppy when I bought it and look like they are wearing the yokes. My slip joints are also pretty sloppy so I would just prefer to replace both shafts. My wallet doesn't like the idea of buying oem so I was wondering if anyone has had luck with the cheaper aftermarket shafts such as caltric or ideal. My riding style isn't anything crazy, mainly booze cruising with friends, some work, and hunting.

Any opinions and/or help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
222 Posts
I had a buddy that went through 2 cheapos and finally went back to a brp shaft. Last I looked canam parts guy had the brp shafts for the manders really cheap, like 80 or so bucks

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
222 Posts
Never mind thats the 14 up. Just seen yours is the 13 model. But you pay for what ya get. And canam isn't know to be easy on prop shafts to begin with lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts