Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from northwest Ohio, got a XT on order:) should be the first one from my dealer, Now I just got to get my RZR sold !

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the welcomes. I did get to test drive them last weekend at snowshoe WV.:) Their test tracks was short & rough ,was all up hill then all down hill, maybe 100 yards long ,hard to get a good feel of the power,:confused: did not like the X as much as the XT. Could not get the X to power slide at all! The XT would slide around the one turn, I think the X would not slide because of the 12" wheels, to much sidewall ,27" tires just lean in the hard turns,the X did ride a little smoother but that jumping one foot deep water drainage ditches ,I think the XT needed the shocks turned up a click or two, it just set to low with the mud & full skids & two people to be set on the softest setting. I did think the steering was heavy, compared to my RZR. Easier to get in & out of than my RZR, room wise there is more in the Commander, sets are nice & comfy. Looks to be built very well. Looks like Can Am did their homework! I had to do four test rides, just because LOL ! I'm glad I got to drive them, I was going to get a X, after driving both of them, the XT just fits me better, I'm not a fan of black, that color just shows the dirt & scratchs to much! I dont think it is in the same class as the RZR !
I would put it with the Ranger, Prowler with the fun of the RZR-S. Some people need the 50" width, then it's not for them. If the width does not bother you,them you should look at the Commander. It's a good cross for work as well as play. I like the all storagearea. I did not like the side bar on the cage,:( as I set with my left arm on the wheel the upper part of my arm hits the bar that it right behind. That will have to be removed for me not to hit my arm when I hit a bump!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I to thought that the XT needed the shocks set up one or two clicks. I roade them in the sand, the corse was about a half mile out and back agin, we were able to climb some small dunes and do some side hilling. I also thought that they are well built mach. It was a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Thanks for all the welcomes. I did get to test drive them last weekend at snowshoe WV.:) Their test tracks was short & rough ,was all up hill then all down hill, maybe 100 yards long ,hard to get a good feel of the power,:confused: did not like the X as much as the XT. Could not get the X to power slide at all! The XT would slide around the one turn, I think the X would not slide because of the 12" wheels, to much sidewall ,27" tires just lean in the hard turns,the X did ride a little smoother but that jumping one foot deep water drainage ditches ,I think the XT needed the shocks turned up a click or two, it just set to low with the mud & full skids & two people to be set on the softest setting. I did think the steering was heavy, compared to my RZR. Easier to get in & out of than my RZR, room wise there is more in the Commander, sets are nice & comfy. Looks to be built very well. Looks like Can Am did their homework! I had to do four test rides, just because LOL ! I'm glad I got to drive them, I was going to get a X, after driving both of them, the XT just fits me better, I'm not a fan of black, that color just shows the dirt & scratchs to much! I dont think it is in the same class as the RZR !
I would put it with the Ranger, Prowler with the fun of the RZR-S. Some people need the 50" width, then it's not for them. If the width does not bother you,them you should look at the Commander. It's a good cross for work as well as play. I like the all storagearea. I did not like the side bar on the cage,:( as I set with my left arm on the wheel the upper part of my arm hits the bar that it right behind. That will have to be removed for me not to hit my arm when I hit a bump!
Welcome aboard. I am in Northeast Ohio near Chardon. I was scheduled to do the test ride in WV on the 26th however could not make it. Thanks for the details. Please clarify your statement:

"I dont think it is in the same class as the RZR !"

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome aboard. I am in Northeast Ohio near Chardon. I was scheduled to do the test ride in WV on the 26th however could not make it. Thanks for the details. Please clarify your statement:

"I dont think it is in the same class as the RZR !"

Just the fact that the stand RZR is only 50 "
The rest is all close to the 60" in width

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Ok. Based on your experience with both what would be your choise if buying new. I took an up close look at the RZR offering at the dealer and I was not Impressed with the quality of them. They remind me of a CHINA Buggy! Is the Commander line built a lot better?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok. Based on your experience with both what would be your choise if buying new. I took an up close look at the RZR offering at the dealer and I was not Impressed with the quality of them. They remind me of a CHINA Buggy! Is the Commander line built a lot better?
Yes looking at the Commander, it looks to be built a lot stronger than my RZR, looking at the Commander I'm not sure where they put on so much weight, must be stronger tubing for the frame, that is the only place to add that many pounds that I can see.

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Yes looking at the Commander, it looks to be built a lot stronger than my RZR, looking at the Commander I'm not sure where they put on so much weight, must be stronger tubing for the frame, that is the only place to add that many pounds that I can see.
I would think the larger motor, double deck rear storage and roll cage has contributed to the weight increase.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I would think the larger motor, double deck rear storage and roll cage has contributed to the weight increase.
I think that the extra weight is from the hevier frame and roll bar they are a lot beefer than the RZR's. Plus the Commander is larger in size, it all adds weight.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think the Commander fits me better, had a Ranger before the RZR, loved the Ranger, just needed more of a fun factor:) the RZR had the fun but short on the work side:( So I'm thinking the Commander will be the best of both :D

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I think the Commander fits me better, had a Ranger before the RZR, loved the Ranger, just needed more of a fun factor:) the RZR had the fun but short on the work side:( So I'm thinking the Commander will be the best of both :D
X2
I am more into the fun side, but if I had to work with it, I still would go with the Commander... It has alot going for it both ways...

:cool:
SS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts