Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That thing looks awesome! Just my opinion but securing your rig with the winch is pretty hard on the winch internals. Enjoy your new ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Second what Booger' says. Good way to blow a winch and would suck to find out when you need it most. Seriously check out investing in some E-Track and associated tie-downs. Shouldn't cost more than $100 and is a much more stable tie-down method. We went from a 15-20min (sometimes 30 depending how much crap I picked up on the ride) loading/unloading sequence down to 5 minutes flat. Personally speaking and my thought, that trailer looks a little small for it. I like a little wiggle room in the trailer myself. Could just be the picture angle too though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here’s a some pics of it off the trailer … so everyone can stop worrying about the winch.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Welcome. I will agree with using the winch as a tiedown. Had a friend that did that and one time when we got to the unload area his winch cable was loose. No big deal until he tried to spool it up and found the gearbox blown apart. Can't wait to hear the trail report. Because this model would be the one I am interested in. I am kind of being boxed into getting one because of my current toyhauler.

You had a different SxS. I have read some of your posts somewhere.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Here’s a some pics of it off the trailer … so everyone can stop worrying about the winch.

It was just some friendly advice guy. I hope you sir have a fantastic day.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Found it. You were asking about a commander forum on the Maverick forum site. Still interested to hear how you like your commander. Also have you had an ATV or UTV before? If so what was it. Asking for Acefire because he is noisy and afraid to speak his mind. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am on several forums your right. I’ve had quads / sleds/ bikes/ side by sides my whole life. (I’m 44). Last side by side I had was a 2016 wildcat x 1000 limited. Just got back from our first trail ride … the new commander … rocks!!! Very impressed with the ride and comfort. It’s super quiet. Handles like a formula 1 race car on the road. Stays super flat in the corners. The wife loves it. Didn’t come home covered in Mother Nature like we did in the cat. Lol. The full can-am wet sounds audio with the sub add on is killer. Can’t wait for the rest of the accessories to show up. (On back order). So far so good….. most comfortable side by side I’ve ever personally been in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts