Can-Am Commander Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same initial impression with the set screw fix, but after 60+ miles the vibration is getting worse again. This is all on Can Am to PROPERLY FIX for their customers.
After 6 hours of trail riding yesterday, i can hear the rattle coming back. its farther back now, but its at the same RPM range as before, and goes away once you increase RPM out of the range... Probably going to call the dealer and see what they say, but doubtful they will even look at it again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
After 6 hours of trail riding yesterday, i can hear the rattle coming back. its farther back now, but its at the same RPM range as before, and goes away once you increase RPM out of the range... Probably going to call the dealer and see what they say, but doubtful they will even look at it again.
If they refuse to look at it again, get a hold of Can Am customer service, and file a complaint. Additionally you should request the "warranty claim #" from your dealer. keep this in a safe place for future reference if needed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just received a call back from CanAm... they have a "new updated" drive shaft. that is available on a limited basis. Your dealer needs to request one attached to your warranty claim. We'll see if this one changes anything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just received a call back from CanAm... they have a "new updated" drive shaft. that is available on a limited basis. Your dealer needs to request one attached to your warranty claim. We'll see if this one changes anything.
Fyi, our Max is at the dealer now waiting for the new driveshaft. To be honest, I do not have a lot of faith this will fix the problem. If it does not work I may try Ace's fix of the solid carrier bearings or simply sell it.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts