Can-Am Commander Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Man……I hate that it has to be this way! Just want what I paid for! But good advise! And I will! I’ll make all kinds of noise! Thanks for the number

·
Registered
30 Posts
UPDATE !!!

The replacement driveshafts from BRP have been installed. There is a significant improvement in the amount of vibration, although it's not completely gone. I was unable to have the new shafts checked for true & balance. My take away is this... This shaft is straighter than the original, although not "dead straight". It may possibly be out of balance somewhat also. I will put it through it's paces over the next 2 1/2 weeks. I will report back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
UPDATE
brp authorized and said they been having problems with the clutches causing vibration….
Say that’s why does it in park. But I have been dealing with the manager and I think I’m gonna trade it in on a 2020 talon live wire 1000 4 seater. Get away from that can am. The entire experience has left a bad taste in my mouth!
My buddy has the talon and can’t say enough about it. I will say that it seems the dealer as well as brp are trying to do what they can. However I did not get a discount for being their trial and error dummy so I’m out. I did ask that he let me know what they find, if he does I will update this post

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
UPDATE
brp authorized and said they been having problems with the clutches causing vibration….
Say that’s why does it in park. But I have been dealing with the manager and I think I’m gonna trade it in on a 2020 talon live wire 1000 4 seater. Get away from that can am. The entire experience has left a bad taste in my mouth!
My buddy has the talon and can’t say enough about it. I will say that it seems the dealer as well as brp are trying to do what they can. However I did not get a discount for being their trial and error dummy so I’m out. I did ask that he let me know what they find, if he does I will update this post
Can't say as I blame you. I like the honda talon, the kawasaki krx and the the yamaha rmax. I need a bed so if I ever upgrade, it will probably be the rmax unless can am gets their sheet together. But for the time being, after all of the upgrades I've done to it, my OG commander is fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
UPDATE !!!

The replacement driveshafts from BRP have been installed. There is a significant improvement in the amount of vibration, although it's not completely gone. I was unable to have the new shafts checked for true & balance. My take away is this... This shaft is straighter than the original, although not "dead straight". It may possibly be out of balance somewhat also. I will put it through it's paces over the next 2 1/2 weeks. I will report back.
How is it going with the new driveshafts. My XTP commander 2021 is in the dealership right now. They have an open case and waiting for instruction from BRP. I am happy I found this blog, so I know what I am up against.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can tell you that it is slightly better. My vibration was originally quit at 4900 RPM. With the new shaft it stops at 4600. Can Am is fully aware of the situation, and I've been told they will have a fix in 6-8 weeks.... dont hold your breath.
I can also tell you, that the drive shaft IS NOT the problem!! The shaft is just acting like a speaker, and making the noise more audible (easier to hear). Anything that is done to reduce the volume coming out of the shaft will seem as though the vibration has been reduced. The key here, is that the noise/vibration occurs while in Park, and just reving up the engine, the shaft IS NOT turning at this point.
The "solid" bearing mounts, and other "fixes" are just masking the sound, Not repairing the issue, as I have stated before. There will be an attempted fix by CanAm, just not sure how long we have to wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can tell you that it is slightly better. My vibration was originally quit at 4900 RPM. With the new shaft it stops at 4600. Can Am is fully aware of the situation, and I've been told they will have a fix in 6-8 weeks.... dont hold your breath.
I can also tell you, that the drive shaft IS NOT the problem!! The shaft is just acting like a speaker, and making the noise more audible (easier to hear). Anything that is done to reduce the volume coming out of the shaft will seem as though the vibration has been reduced. The key here, is that the noise/vibration occurs while in Park, and just reving up the engine, the shaft IS NOT turning at this point.
The "solid" bearing mounts, and other "fixes" are just masking the sound, Not repairing the issue, as I have stated before. There will be an attempted fix by CanAm, just not sure how long we have to wait.
I will let you know know what they say today when they are done . Did you open a cas with BRP. If yes can u give me the # , i will pas it along to my dealer ship so they know a bandaid will not work here

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dropped mine off to the dealer, and they just called me and said they are going to do the set screw fix on it, to see if it fixes it.... Not holding out much hope, but at least the tech acknowledged its not just "a noisy can am", although he did try that first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just purchased a new max. Not sure how to check the mfg date but the problem is still coming down the assembly line... Hope they get it fixed soon. Seems like a workmanship issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 2021 two seater xtp with same vibration. Local can am dealer pulled the front diff out yesterday and mechanics comment was its ruff , sent pictures to brp waiting for brp response .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Curious to know if yours is a 2021 or 2022 ??
I have a 2021 Max DPS. I ran some tests. If the front is engaged to drive, no issue regardless of it the back diff is locked. I put it in neutral on a nice long hill, and it was much quieter than when I am driving in rwd but still had noticeable vibration.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I see. It does change when in 4x4, but it still there. It's always much more noticeable when climbing a little hill at moderate throttle...
always around 3100-4700... after that, it's dead smooth.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got off the phone with BRP again....
No new options for repair. currently holding while "Engineering" works on a fix.

It is imperative that your dealer starts a claim with BRP. They need to have you on file to fully understand the shear #'s of machines with this problem!!! Additionally, if you run out of warranty, before getting a claim filed, you may not be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got off the phone with BRP again....
No new options for repair. currently holding while "Engineering" works on a fix.

It is imperative that your dealer starts a claim with BRP. They need to have you on file to fully understand the shear #'s of machines with this problem!!! Additionally, if you run out of warranty, before getting a claim filed, you may not be covered under warranty.
I recently purchased the new 22 Commander Max XT and experiencing the same issue. I let the dealer know and will bring their as soon as I have a trailer:) Keep us posted on your progress resolving it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So i finally got mine back from the dealer after 2 and a half weeks for them to install a set screw... The rattle is probably 95% gone, but i definitely hear something farther back towards the engine rattling at the same RPM range as before. At this point, they are stuck on the "Its a noisy Can-Am" excuse. Far more rideable and doesn't sound like a bucket of bolts driving around town, so i guess we wait until it starts getting worse...

·
Registered
12 Posts
So i finally got mine back from the dealer after 2 and a half weeks for them to install a set screw... The rattle is probably 95% gone, but i definitely hear something farther back towards the engine rattling at the same RPM range as before. At this point, they are stuck on the "Its a noisy Can-Am" excuse. Far more rideable and doesn't sound like a bucket of bolts driving around town, so i guess we wait until it starts getting worse...
I had the same initial impression with the set screw fix, but after 60+ miles the vibration is getting worse again. This is all on Can Am to PROPERLY FIX for their customers.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts